Signing thread

johnbob

Star Player
I’ve put this here so people who have a bit more time they can drop in here when we have confirmed signs

Reactions: Mdl
Let's get on track.

Officially announced so far this window (prices sourced online, may well be inaccurate)

Darren Randolph, free transfer from West Ham

Dango Ouattara, £20M from Lorient.

Antoine Semenyo £10.5M from Bristol City.

Matías Viña on loan from from Roma, £440k-£660k loan fee, with a £13.6M option

Few more expected, exciting times!

Last edited:
Illia Zabarnyi, £24M from Dynamo Kiev, and Hamed Traore £21M from Sassuolo (after an initial loan)

Succesful window I'd say, certainly been an exciting one.

Going back to the OP on this thread, I’ve got confirmed signs of a nasty cold and need my bed as soon as this window closes in 4 minutes. Looks like I’ll need a dose of Night Nurse- just wondering Lord Snooty whether there’s anyone you can recommend ?

Best I don't comment too much on these signings ..best none of us do for a few weeks at least... but it seems we have made some decent acquisitions.
What worries me is I cannot see Everton or Forest going down...so we have to outperform Saints, Wolves and West Ham..with Leeds and Leicester as subs!
We need 6 points from the next three games as I see it...grab a point or maybe 2 from the three games following....then we can crack on with confidence.

Best I don't comment too much on these signings ..best none of us do for a few weeks at least... but it seems we have made some decent acquisitions.
What worries me is I cannot see Everton or Forest going down...so we have to outperform Saints, Wolves and West Ham..with Leeds and Leicester as subs!
We need 6 points from the next three games as I see it...grab a point or maybe 2 from the three games following....then we can crack on with confidence.
I sense that it may be tough to get 7-8 points over the next 6 games. Might be fewer than that. It will really test our mettle if we slide a couple more points behind the pack, then gear up for the rest of the season. It may be so tight that a 3-game winning streak at some point could be all it takes to leave a few of the pack behind.

I really cannot wait to see it unfold.

I sense that it may be tough to get 7-8 points over the next 6 games. Might be fewer than that. It will really test our mettle if we slide a couple more points behind the pack, then gear up for the rest of the season. It may be so tight that a 3-game winning streak at some point could be all it takes to leave a few of the pack behind.

I really cannot wait to see it unfold.
It's funny, but this season avoiding relegation would almost feel like winning a title !
It would be quite an achievement all things considered ! Personally I would celebrate it like a title win, even though I won't be distraught if we end up back in the Championship. So I am seeing this season as a win/win, which is a slightly unusual situation but does mean that I can enjoy it, whatever the outcome !

;