Sin Bins

Can the ‘rule makers’ just f**k off please, seriously. Football was great the way it was, VAR has already made it near unwatchable at the top level, can we please stop making changes to something that never needed any changes in the first place FFS!!

I'm less bothered about this sin bin stuff than VAR. It's not that far back when we didn't even have red cards and that was a positive change. If it cuts out shitty behaviour from players I can't see the issue. VAR on the other hand is the devil's work.

How about refs impartially apply all the existing rules and we see where it goes from there.

Throw ins and free kicks in right place is already a rule.

Time wasting already added in the rules.

Dissent to the ref already in the rules.

Just aply the rules consistantly for everyone everytime.

Refs can fix this themselves.

Stand up to big 6 players that take liberties because they are too big to be punished.

Pgmol, FA, premier League etc back the refs.

TV pundits shut up.
Burn VAR.

How about refs impartially apply all the existing rules and we see where it goes from there.

Throw ins and free kicks in right place is already a rule.

Time wasting already added in the rules.

Dissent to the ref already in the rules.

Just aply the rules consistantly for everyone everytime.

Refs can fix this themselves.

Stand up to big 6 players that take liberties because they are too big to be punished.

Pgmol, FA, premier League etc back the refs.

TV pundits shut up.
Burn VAR.
Radical.

Can the ‘rule makers’ just f**k off please, seriously. Football was great the way it was, VAR has already made it near unwatchable at the top level, can we please stop making changes to something that never needed any changes in the first place FFS!!
Agreed. Another case of trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.

Thing is those clubs and managers at the time did want a VAR type system as they all thought it would be perfect and every decision would be right (in their favour of course)

Agreed. Another case of trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.
I'm with you on this. First thought that VAR would limit bias in favour of top clubs. However, it hasn't, and can see the likes of us having the sin bin thing going against us for the most trivial of situations and other lesser deemed clubs.

I'm with you on this. First thought that VAR would limit bias in favour of top clubs. However, it hasn't, and can see the likes of us having the sin bin thing going against us for the most trivial of situations and other lesser deemed clubs.
Absolutely correct. It is a well established fact that the top six 'big hitter' clubs are being 'looked after' by the Premier League, referees and these cronies that haunt the corridors of the the F.A. simply because there are the clubs that generate all the money. Clubs like ours are an inconvenience to them. The thing that annoys me is that we are only covered on SKY T.V. when we are playing one of these top clubs.

Have you also noted that when we do win against one of these top clubs, the media (match of the day for example) only analyses as to why they lost and not how we had won.

Absolutely correct. It is a well established fact that the top six 'big hitter' clubs are being 'looked after' by the Premier League, referees and these cronies that haunt the corridors of the the F.A. simply because there are the clubs that generate all the money. Clubs like ours are an inconvenience to them. The thing that annoys me is that we are only covered on SKY T.V. when we are playing one of these top clubs.

Have you also noted that when we do win against one of these top clubs, the media (match of the day for example) only analyses as to why they lost and not how we had won.
What happens when they play each other and one team gets a bad call like Liverpool v Spurs ?

Your general point is fair.

Definitely is most attention given to the big boys .

Awful idea imo. Primarily as I have little faith it will be implemented/administered correctly/fairly and will likely spoil the game further.

You only have to look at the VAR implementation to arrive at the conclusion that the end resukt of teams having players in sin bins for prolonged periods, and influence it will have on massively skewing results to be petrified at the idea of this imo.

There'll be very few 'winners' from this, least of smaller clubs and their fans.

For the immediate and long term future the sin bin idea should be firmly confined to the rubbish bin, and securely locked away.

Last edited:
I'm less bothered about this sin bin stuff than VAR. It's not that far back when we didn't even have red cards and that was a positive change. If it cuts out shitty behaviour from players I can't see the issue. VAR on the other hand is the devil's work.
When did we not have red cards?

Same. It's had the opposite effect and amplified bias

;