So, Eight Games In - Satisfied, Disappointed, or Somewhere In-Between?

I feel there are amazing results ahead but they are just out of our grasp right now. I don't feel imposter syndrome anymore, more frustration that an Aston Martin owner would feel if he opened up the throttle and had a misfire on one cylinder. Once it clears, few can compete. All the components are there, they just need to all work at the same time!

Being a 50 seasoner,I now regard the performance,entertainment value more important than the result so I'm happy so far with what I've seen.

TBH, i’m a bit disappointed. I don’t think that we’ve played to what I believe is our full potential for anywhere near one whole game yet. I’m chuffed at the wins, although we could have conceded more goals in all of them, and feel that we missed chances against Sheffield U and West Ham. Arsenal was frustrating in that we never got out of the blocks until half time, when they were there for the taking.

I’m delighted with some of the individuals, namely Rico, Billing, Lerma, Ramsdale and mostly the centre back partnership. I’m not 100% happy with the performances of most of the others, who have all had good bits and meh bits.

I really felt this was a season where the top teams had vulnerabilities that we could have exploited to make something special happen, and we just can’t string together a 100% performance. I’m still hopeful that it will click and we’ll put eight past someone....

Only a little in to the season but exactly where we should be .Beating the lower teams ,drawing with those around us and losing to the top teams .Looking like another mid table finish already ....should we yawn ,no it’s great .

TBH, i’m a bit disappointed. I don’t think that we’ve played to what I believe is our full potential for anywhere near one whole game yet. I’m chuffed at the wins, although we could have conceded more goals in all of them, and feel that we missed chances against Sheffield U and West Ham. Arsenal was frustrating in that we never got out of the blocks until half time, when they were there for the taking.

I’m delighted with some of the individuals, namely Rico, Billing, Lerma, Ramsdale and mostly the centre back partnership. I’m not 100% happy with the performances of most of the others, who have all had good bits and meh bits.

I really felt this was a season where the top teams had vulnerabilities that we could have exploited to make something special happen, and we just can’t string together a 100% performance. I’m still hopeful that it will click and we’ll put eight past someone....

EH has said the same for a few weeks now; I don't think the we've seen an excellent team performance yet. Injuries again won't have helped, but I think we could easily be Top 4 atm when considering the context of some of these games- and we haven't even looked that good tbh. Theoretically, when (or IF) everything DOES click we should have an amazing season.

Slightly disappointed in our performances. I think we've been pretty lucky with some of our results so pretty pleased where we are in the league, I don't think it would have taken much to be firmly in trouble so nice to be mid-table.

Could and probably should have a few more points on the board. Some poor finishing has cost us. Weird that perhaps our strongest area has been S.Cook and Ake, plus the emerging Rico/Stacey at the back,

There's definitely some positive signs and bags of potential in this squad. Considering that we've been without two of our big summer signings (Kelly, Danjuma) and two of our established best technicians (L.Cook, Brooks) - there's certainly more to come. It just needs Eddie to find the right balance and shape in the side, which I'm not convinced he/we really know yet. How good this squad can be when he/we do find the right team - it's exciting to think.

On a personal level it's been a bit frustrating, as the games I've been to have tended to be the poorer results, and I've had to miss games that turned out to be the good ones! Maybe it's just me...

This upcoming run of games (as Waz says) could be fruitful if we get it right. After that run it gets into the usually difficult winter period, so we could do with a good haul of points to set us up.
I agree. The squad looks very promising but it still feels Eddie hasn't found the combination that really clicks. I'm expecting good things when he does.

Reading through the thread it seems most of the criticisms/concerns are still there. Still don't think it's clicked yet and we aren't firing 100% and still are dropping points we should have really done better to get.
Although it seems clearer now this is down to stubborn belief in a system that still dosent work?
The problem is those issues seem a lot bigger now we are a point off the relegation zone than when we were 8th

Last edited:
Pretty much as we were really, we were never 100% convincing despite the league position. Always thought we needed to get more points from Norwich, Watford et al when we had the opportunity and that not beating these teams would see us plummet down the league towards the end of the year. Injuries have been particularly unkind once again and we’re struggling to field a settled team with a system that works for them. I still think we’ll turn things around once we have a few more players to pick from. We need to use the Christmas period to find some solutions before a run of games where points will be possible and possibly crucial to our survival in the PL. I’m still feeling quite positive and slightly enjoying the fact that we might be in a bit of a scrap for once.
Bring it on. These times could be the making of Eddie. He certainly has work to do to keep us safe this season.
:utc:

;