So Many Questions

mark pike

Star Player
What will happen to the invisible 7,Grabban,Afobe,Gradel,Hyndman,Mahoney,Brad Smith,Wiggins,plus our cohort of goalkeepers?
Will the current squad be retained in full for next season? Etc.

Hyndman will go somewhere where he will be given games and as at Rangers will impress and be an asset! Eventually could be a PL regular! Grabban could get goals if used properly in PL for a season or two. The others Championship probably. Afobe a mystery but we should get some decent money for him.

It is not the fringe players I am too concerned with......it is Francis,Daniels, and Gosling I am worried about!

For where I'm slouched in a slough of despond I can count on the fingers of one hand the players that get a start next season as far as I'm concerned and I won't even need my thumb if Ake or Cook leg it.

We've got a lot of cash tied up in those players. If we're shopping on more of a budget now with other stuff to pay for, we'll have to cash in some of those assets to help fund incomings.

Afobe Grabban Gradel and seemingly Arter should fetch a decent amount. Hyndman out on loan again probably, the Championship would be a step up from Rangers.

One of the younger players who will be going according to this.

Solent
CHERRIES: After his hat-trick for loan club @EastleighFC today, Sam Matthews told us he was being released by #AFCB this summer.

Grabban - been obvious for a long time he has no future here but his exploits this season should ensure a permanent move this summer. If not, someone at the club isn't doing their job.

Afobe - made it clear he doesn't want to be here. Expect him to leave somewhere. I've a feeling his 'dream' Wolves move may not materialise and he'll end up bumping around Championship clubs for the next few years.

Gradel - Shame he pushed through a loan move as I think he would have got a decent amount of game time this season if he'd stuck it out. I think he'll be off on a permanent transfer somewhere, likely in France.

Hyndman - Expecting him to stay but must either be a proper part of the first team squad next season or on a Fraser/Ipswich style loan.

Mahoney - No reason why he would be moved on. Will definitely be given more time to develop.

Brad Smith - The only one I see that's a little unclear. Seems to have had a blighted time with us but equally has never had a run of games and so has been judged harshly when you consider how rusty some 'favourite' players have looked upon return when they've been out for a long period. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on, espcially if today's rumour about the Celtic LB comes to something, but I'm not yet condemning him as a the poor player many seem to think.

Wiggins - Was only ever an just-in-case emergency backup so no real surprise that he will move on.

One of the younger players who will be going according to this.

Solent
CHERRIES: After his hat-trick for loan club @EastleighFC today, Sam Matthews told us he was being released by #AFCB this summer.

Sad in some ways since many taked about him as being the next big thing a few years back but probably the right decision by the club to let him start forging a proper club career somewhere. Look at how Stockley has blossomed this year for Exeter.

As others have said in the past, even though we don't have a Cat 1 academy, it's part of our responsibility as a PL team to produce players that clubs further down the pyramid can use. Fingers crossed we also get some that we can use as well!

;