Mings
Smith B
Gosling
Cook L
Stanislas
Mahoney
Mousset
Afobe

Should be better than whatever Brightons second string will be.

Boruc

Fraser S.Cook Ake Mings B.Smith

Gosling Hyndman L.Cook

Afobe Mousset

Mahoney would be good to see at some point, Ibe perhaps on for another second half impact too if needed.

northstandmark - 16/9/2017 11:51

Boruc

Fraser S.Cook Ake Mings B.Smith

Gosling Hyndman L.Cook

Afobe Mousset

Mahoney would be good to see at some point, Ibe perhaps on for another second half impact too if needed.

Perhaps not our best midfield 3 but I really like the balance of that 3. They each offer something slightly different and I'd be interested to see how they link up in the unlikely event that is the actual line up.

Boruc
Fraser Cook Mings Smith
Pugh Gosling Cook Stanislas (if fit)
Afobe Mousset

Bench- Ramsdale, Hyndman, Francis, King, Simpson, Smith, Arter

I can't see S Cook playing in this game if he had a slight knock,Eddie will want him for Everton,so I'll go for

Boruc
Smith Franno Mings B Smith
Ibe L Cook Gosling Pugh
Afobe Mousset.

I've gone for Ibe as he could do with more minutes I think and get a bit more confidence.

This game really does show our lack of depth at Centre Back and Right Back,we are screwed if we get any more injuries there.

bigfatolly - 17/9/2017 13:08

I can't see S Cook playing in this game if he had a slight knock,Eddie will want him for Everton,so I'll go for

Boruc
Ibe L Cook Gosling Pugh
Afobe Mousset.

I've gone for Ibe as he could do with more minutes I think and get a bit more confidence.

This game really does show our lack of depth at Centre Back and Right Back,we are screwed if we get any more injuries there.

I'm thinking the same apart from Stanislas/Mahoney in place of Pugh.

Yes if Stan is nearing fitness then getting some minutes under his belt would be a good idea.
Agree on Mahoney as well,the way Pugh has played so far,perhaps he deserves a chance to show what he can do.

bigfatolly - 17/9/2017 13:08

Boruc
Ibe L Cook Gosling Pugh
Afobe Mousset.

Been a recurring theme re right back/cb cover. Expect Eddie to play a mixed side to avoid any shock defeat; good to give king another run out but rest players like Pugh who probably can't do three games in a week.

It would be interesting to understand whether EH feels the RB/CB situation is covered or whether he sought extra cover but could'nt do deals at the right price.

Strange that normally we're mostly very critical on here about the full rotation for cup games but I'm actually looking forward to seeing how certain players get on.

L Cook, Mahoney and Moussett are the three with the most to potentially win from big performances.

mark pike - 17/9/2017 14:51

It would be interesting to understand whether EH feels the RB/CB situation is covered or whether he sought extra cover but could'nt do deals at the right price.

I have consistently said on this debate that you need to know what we tried to do to evaluate fully the recruitment policy. Ultimately though after a number of windows we haven't resolved this issue so assume that Eddie thinks we are covered. Unfortunately both smith and franno have had injury worries recently so this looks a high risk strategy especially as franno is getting more exposed at full back.

Boruc
Francis/Mings/Cook (S)/Smith (B)
Ibe/Cook (L)/Gosling/Mahoney
Afobe/Mousset

Think Steve Cook should get a run out if fit?

S. Cook, L. Cook to start (fitness permitting).

Back... sorry, Artur in goal ;-)

Stan if fit.

Benik, (I like to) Moussett, Mousset also.

Tyrone to play.

Wee man maybe?

;