So then 2.

AlGard

UTC Legend
What result do we want between Man City and Spurs to aid our champions league claim?

NWCherries98 & afcdibby you humourless souls, please do not reply to this post.
You just won't understand it.

Amazing the difference a summer and 4 points makes, from relegation to champs league. I like this version of Al, well done to whoever decided to re-roll his optimism stats

The summer business was decent.
We have players to come back from injury.
I do fear that by the time those players come back, we will have a new bout of injuries.

I say as I see it. You can't sugar coat the PL.

On another note. Anybody see the chappie sat next to Mostyn (52nd minute of the coverage)?

He is our mystery Dubai chappie!

Really want to see Dangermouse personally, he looked like a proper handful in that pre-season match, yes I know Chukki and Coulibaly but hey. Didn't catch the Dubai chappie, but we will need investment to make that next step. On the pitch though I see no reason why we can't be amongst Leicester, Everton, Wolves, and West Ham duking it out for that last Europa league spot

Minty's prediction for you Al.

cherrybright9 hrs ago

0No doubt Mings will score against us from a set piece. Villa will be too strong for us today on their own ground after promotion, so unfortunately, I am going for a 2-0 defeat. Until we get the likes of Brooks, L.Cook and Stanislas back on the field I can see us struggling.

My prediction is fuelled by the following:

1. Mings will no doubt have passed on our shortfalls and weaknesses to his new team mates.

2. Villa are at home for their first game back on the Premier League in front of a packed Villa Park and so will certainly be up for it and will come at us ferociously. If we concede early it will be game over.

3. I feel that Ramsdale may not be the ideal choice for this game, although I do recognise his efforts against Sheff Utd. Boruc is far more experienced. He is who we need for a game of this magnitude. Ramsdale and Travers should only be used after we have acquired the minimum 40 point survival mark.

If we do not get anything today and with the very likely defeat next week at home to Man City we will find ourselves in the bottom three. A position that I feel that we will srtruggle to keep away from. We must remember there will be no sides such as Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff to occupy the bottom three all season. This is going to be our hardest season yet.

I honestly and sincerely hope that I am wrong with this assessment.

cherrybright9 hrs ago

0No doubt Mings will score against us from a set piece. Villa will be too strong for us today on their own ground after promotion, so unfortunately, I am going for a 2-0 defeat. Until we get the likes of Brooks, L.Cook and Stanislas back on the field I can see us struggling.

My prediction is fuelled by the following:

1. Mings will no doubt have passed on our shortfalls and weaknesses to his new team mates.

2. Villa are at home for their first game back on the Premier League in front of a packed Villa Park and so will certainly be up for it and will come at us ferociously. If we concede early it will be game over.

3. I feel that Ramsdale may not be the ideal choice for this game, although I do recognise his efforts against Sheff Utd. Boruc is far more experienced. He is who we need for a game of this magnitude. Ramsdale and Travers should only be used after we have acquired the minimum 40 point survival mark.

If we do not get anything today and with the very likely defeat next week at home to Man City we will find ourselves in the bottom three. A position that I feel that we will srtruggle to keep away from. We must remember there will be no sides such as Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff to occupy the bottom three all season. This is going to be our hardest season yet.

I honestly and sincerely hope that I am wrong with this assessment.

Sniff!
Thank you Fritter.
I award you a degree in smhintology.
The whole piece was classic Smhinto.

What result do we want between Man City and Spurs to aid our champions league claim?

NWCherries98 & afcdibby you humourless souls, please do not reply to this post.
You just won't understand it.
Ended up 2-2 after VAR disallowed a City goal in injury time. Bit of a row brewing although I didn't see it.

cherrybright9 hrs ago

First of all, I saw this guy post on the Daily Echo and he is a real piece of work.

Secondly, as far as Mings passing on anything, in today's world, the teams have so much film on everyone, this is just wasted worry. The teams can cut and paste so much film on opponents and hand it to the proper player(s), there are no secrets. You can get just as much to pass on by reading this board, as to listening to Mings.

;