So who then ?

First and foremost sort out the roles behind the scenes, it’s embarrassing. Tindall claiming he doesn’t know what’s going on with player contracts, miscommunication with Billing (suspect someone at the club pulled him out of that game thinking we were going to offload him to Newcastle), claiming the future of the club is the young players then watching Josh King welcomed back from exile at the expense of Surridge, watching Rico, Lerma, Billing putting in sub standard performances week after week then rewarded with a starting place whilst the likes of Zemura, Oforbh, Simpson don’t get a look in and eventually get farmed out. Wouldn’t surprise me if the men behind the scenes are telling JT who needs to play so as to keep them in the shop window.

I can understand wanting to change the setup of the club after Howe’s top to bottom control, but we are trying to implement it without anyone experienced in that type of setup managing the transition - there are obviously lots of things not being managed well and whilst there are huge question marks over JT’s tactical acumen right now I do wonder how much is being forced on him....and in doing so, it’s no surprise half the squad are seeing through it and not putting the appropriate effort in.

Max and Hughes need to take some f’in accountability for this situation

Looking at the list, what our ex players! When did you last hear of any of the managers Watford have employed, we don't just need to employ ex players or dinosaurs!
True but Watford have spent god knows how much changing their manager every fortnight to be 5 points better than us so hardly a ringing endorsement

I think the idea we have a brilliant squad is being challenged to say the least. I'm not sure this is JTs fault entirely.
Rico , Kelly and increasingly Mepham look very poor defenders. Ok S Cook and Begovic were poor last night but at least have credit in the bank. Smith has been poor for a calendar year, CCV unknown quantity and Simpson is average at best and going anyway.That's just the defence and Tindall has only signed 1 of them.
Now it maybe his coaching or training, but increasingly I'm thinking we think they should be good cos they cost a lot but actually they're not all that

Imagine comparing the two situations which are totally different in almost every way

No, they really aren’t. In those 5 games a team that had done so well suddenly looked clueless and promotion seemed to be blown but we nicked a 1-0 win at Stevenage and confidence returned.

laughable how many many people want JT sacked when he is suffering from the type of blip that Eddie regularly suffered.

First and foremost sort out the roles behind the scenes, it’s embarrassing. Tindall claiming he doesn’t know what’s going on with player contracts, miscommunication with Billing (suspect someone at the club pulled him out of that game thinking we were going to offload him to Newcastle), claiming the future of the club is the young players then watching Josh King welcomed back from exile at the expense of Surridge, watching Rico, Lerma, Billing putting in sub standard performances week after week then rewarded with a starting place whilst the likes of Zemura, Oforbh, Simpson don’t get a look in and eventually get farmed out. Wouldn’t surprise me if the men behind the scenes are telling JT who needs to play so as to keep them in the shop window.

I can understand wanting to change the setup of the club after Howe’s top to bottom control, but we are trying to implement it without anyone experienced in that type of setup managing the transition - there are obviously lots of things not being managed well and whilst there are huge question marks over JT’s tactical acumen right now I do wonder how much is being forced on him....and in doing so, it’s no surprise half the squad are seeing through it and not putting the appropriate effort in.

Max and Hughes need to take some f’in accountability for this situation

This .

No, they really aren’t. In those 5 games a team that had done so well suddenly looked clueless and promotion seemed to be blown but we nicked a 1-0 win at Stevenage and confidence returned.

laughable how many many people want JT sacked when he is suffering from the type of blip that Eddie regularly suffered.
There is one massive difference between now and then . The team , squad , club and fans had a togetherness that has gone.

Out there clubs have found there is little managerial talent around. Even old dinosaurs like Alladyce, Pulis & McCarthy have been dragged back from the dark side and re employed at high level. Warnock and Hodgson are still around. Why because the ex players become commentators or disappear with their riches - they don't fancy managing.
Overseas managers are a huge gamble - ask Watford.
A year ago Saints fans were clamouring to get rid of RH but the Board stuck with him. Good coaching and a much better player attitude turned things around plus a playing system that work for those who put the effort in.
For us we have a problem defence and a handful of players who make little effort and/or fade away when going behind.
Our coaching is weak - how many corners do we get and how many cause danger? Answer many and none - poor coaching.
How many soft goals do we concede from balls wafted into our box ? Far too many.
How weak is our left side and for how long? Pitiful and ages.
We need better coaching and to kick out the players who are coasting. But it is a depressing circular argument. Who out there can we recruit who is not an ex player and who would act tough with the cosseted bunch of players on the books for the rest of the season? Answers to the club ASAP.

Out there clubs have found there is little managerial talent around. Even old dinosaurs like Alladyce, Pulis & McCarthy have been dragged back from the dark side and re employed at high level. Warnock and Hodgson are still around. Why because the ex players become commentators or disappear with their riches - they don't fancy managing.
Overseas managers are a huge gamble - ask Watford.
A year ago Saints fans were clamouring to get rid of RH but the Board stuck with him. Good coaching and a much better player attitude turned things around plus a playing system that work for those who put the effort in.
For us we have a problem defence and a handful of players who make little effort and/or fade away when going behind.
Our coaching is weak - how many corners do we get and how many cause danger? Answer many and none - poor coaching.
How many soft goals do we concede from balls wafted into our box ? Far too many.
How weak is our left side and for how long? Pitiful and ages.
We need better coaching and to kick out the players who are coasting. But it is a depressing circular argument. Who out there can we recruit who is not an ex player and who would act tough with the cosseted bunch of players on the books for the rest of the season? Answers to the club ASAP.
This is a much more balanced post, I agree depressing who's out there, Rico had another shocker, not just the defending but giving needless freekicks in dangerous positions. Playing right footed players there is not the answer

I agree with a lot that has been said.....but if as a lot of people are saying, and theres a lot wrong with the club, why did Wilshere sign ? ........he was at the club in Eddie's heyday, so is someone to do a good comparison, he was training at the club for a good 4/5 weeks before he signed, he would notice if things werent right, if players weren't pulling their weight etc...........if the club goes into turmoil it also reflects on him....he would of seen all this surely ?

Whilst we can sit around and pick names, the club doesn't even necessarily need to go out head hunting.

Next time, be that sooner or much later, just having a free and fair selection process that considers applications and takes interviews from all corners would be a start.

With JT the club basically took what CVs came in from outside and filed them in the recycling bin, having already decided to keep the current structure in place.

I agree with a lot that has been said.....but if as a lot of people are saying, and theres a lot wrong with the club, why did Wilshere sign ? ........he was at the club in Eddie's heyday, so is someone to do a good comparison, he was training at the club for a good 4/5 weeks before he signed, he would notice if things werent right, if players weren't pulling their weight etc...........if the club goes into turmoil it also reflects on him....he would of seen all this surely ?
We have an incompetent manager, not players. The reason we had a half decent start was because of our squad. We were always going to go off form as this can't continue forever. Without any manager at all we would probably be where we are now.

So we have an incompetent manager and staff, would Wilshere not have picked up on that before he signed ?
He signed for us because we was an easy option. No team wanted him, he wanted to play football and he already knows the club and players. Don't get yourself confused. He didn't pick us because he was massively impressed with our coaching staff and team cohesion. He signed a 6 month contract, it will not effect him whether we do good or bad. If we do bad he moves on, if we do good and get promoted he's back in the Premier League.

Until the players get out there and perform as they should be capable of even the 'best' manager in the world won't get much out of them. There seems a certain amount of lethargy in our recent performances. Go out, run about a bit and collect your salary. A kick up the backside is needed. Play for pride before £££.

Tindall will not get a tune out of this lot as the players are bigger personalities than him so he clearly commands no respect. Only have to look at the Billing Twitter issue the other week as evidence.

Let’s be honest the majority of this squad signed for only for premier league football, or to play under Eddie who had the gravitas of being one of the games brightest young coaches. Now both of these have gone it’s clear a few of these don’t give a toss or want to be here.

This season can still be successful as there is undoubted talent in these players, but they desperately need galvanising by someone with a high standing in the game

Talk about an 'in the moment' comment. Whats the philosophy behind that? They're great when above us but not when they're below?
It's a fair point. Reading started like a train which then derailed. On their forums were cries of " here we go again, sliding down the table" and " what made our board rhink this guy could do a good job for us ?" They stuck at it and now are looking very strong and together.

He signed for us because we was an easy option. No team wanted him, he wanted to play football and he already knows the club and players. Don't get yourself confused. He didn't pick us because he was massively impressed with our coaching staff and team cohesion. He signed a 6 month contract, it will not effect him whether we do good or bad. If we do bad he moves on, if we do good and get promoted he's back in the Premier League.
I thought you may come back with ...its the easy option...argument.......should of put that in my first post.....I dont buy that...so we will agree to disagree

;