Solent Fans Forum

The Alchemist

UTC Legend
Kris Temple? Verified account @kristemple 13 minutes ago
Have had a few questions about @solentsport @afcbournemouth Forum. Current position is that the club have declined to participate #afcb

I suspect the prospect of having a public forum around that time, with reference to other goings on at afcb, isn't ideal...

Great shame.. Fully understand about the stadium announcement, which we may or may not agree with, but to the club the fans now seem an inconvenience. The Media, the Box Holders, the hanger-ons, those who dine in the restaurant (good luck to them each to his own) are far more important that the fans. The Winter Gardens was only 20 years ago, the various schemes when our pockets were deep and the money willingly given, Loan Notes (I'm all right Jeff), Paul's table even Eddie Howe's transfer fee, the buckets are all in living memory and more importantly in our hearts. Those are not just history but the soul of the club.

Solent have been very supportive over the years and to become Big Time Charlies, like the lot up the road, brings no credit to those who made the decision which I hope they will reconsider.

AFCB Lost in Brum - 13/7/2017 13:00

Probably done us all a favour.

All we want to know about is the stadium. They won't answer before September.

So what's left?

Could just ask Eddie questions - felt last year he didn't have a chance to speak much and I was most interested in his views.

3 biggest issues last year (if my memory serves me right) were new/expanded stadium, ticketing and late notice of an away friendly abroad. I think for some fans those would still remain a topic of interest.

It's time people caught up with the reality - the club ain't interested.

Buckets, the supporters club, away at Windsor & Eton, blah, blah, blah...

They don't give a monkeys about the past (expect when they're re-telling the 'rags to riches' tale, yet again).

Sorry but that's the truth.

AFCB Lost in Brum - 13/7/2017 15:20

It's time people caught up with the reality - the club ain't interested.

Buckets, the supporters club, away at Windsor & Eton, blah, blah, blah...

They don't give a monkeys about the past (expect when they're re-telling the 'rags to riches' tale, yet again).

Sorry but that's the truth.

Blimey..At last. :7:

I'm relieved it's not on.
Every year I squirm with embarrassment as that guy from Highcliffe asks the most trivial of irrelevant questions. There is usually just one important or interesting question, the rest is 59 minutes of cringeworthyness.

I get more info from one of those supporters trust meeting updates than I did from years of solent forums.

Maybe the club just felt they had better means of communicating now?

AlGard - 13/7/2017 11:52

Plus Jeff is still recovering.
It would be a dull show without the Smarmy Camp Comic.

:grin:

If only I hadn't been in meetings all day, I would have beaten you to this conclusion.

tednphil - 13/7/2017 18:49

I'm relieved it's not on.
Every year I squirm with embarrassment as that guy from Highcliffe asks the most trivial of irrelevant questions. There is usually just one important or interesting question, the rest is 59 minutes of cringeworthyness.

Another change of opinion TnP?
You was all up for it in years past.

Never Been Al. Never wanted to go. It's bad enough having to listen with embarrassment on Solent.

Once I found out why Eddie never left anyone up front at corners, there was nothing more I learnt, although enduring numerous broadcasts.

So it cant be hijacked by anti's etc is good enough reason for no forum then!

am sure there will be a charm offensive by club and council and delaying spoiling tactics by the nimby fokp'ers

;