Solent post match coverage

Merleyfan

Reserves
Got in the car at 5.10 got home 5.30 not a peep from Adam Blackmore, who has form about Cherries coverage. We were subjected to Merrington’s wittering and Kenny Jackett saying they were not good enough. Come on Solent who are the highest placed team in your area?

Quite agree. I thought the same as I was driving home. I think the Eddie interview was on early whilst most fans were still walking to cars. Then it was all Saints, then Pompey then Merrington again.

There was a last gasp interview with Smith but that was about all I heard between 5.10 and 6pm. Spend more time of Eastleigh.

Eddie was interviewed live by Kris in the tunnel and then Willo passed judgement on the game.

Tuned in on the way home as usually listen to 5 live but the egg chsing was on.....30 minutes of Merrington and that Pompey muppet...then Willo talking nonsense for 45 seconds.

Nothing changes.

I think we get as much coverage as southampton and portsmouth, solent do a very good job as far as I'm concerned!

It will be very interesting if they go down.

I remember when Saints were the only team in the area in the Prem.
It was the Southampton show all afternoon.

I thought it was pretty well spread tbh.

Scummers deserve a bit more coverage as they are in a life or death struggle to survive, whereas we are mid table. :grin:

Pompey deserve the same patronising little club coverage that we used to get.

It does wind me up when they go on about Southampton and give us little coverage but I'm quite happy being under the radar. What we've been based on down the years, getting on with the job quietly. Really couldn't give a monkey's about Portsmouth apart from the facts I hope Brett does well and the fact my great grandad played a few times for them after the war

Its common sense to think Solent would have Saints first -Soton is the big place sitting at the base of the Solent seaway! They've been the top club for many years too and Pompey before them. I'm as happy as the happiest Loony this side of Lymington just looking at the league table and knowing Afcb are the biggest talking point of the 'Solent' clubs among fans around Britain. Our impact on the PL is a far bigger thing than any jerk in a radio shack can cope with! They are no big deal. Switch it off and just talk Cherry talk to the world!

It isn't as bad as it used to be when they had the northern presenter, Harry Gration doing the pre-match phone-in "Harry's Game"- or the "Scummer Harry show" as it should have been called.

Every week he used to get a call from this woman called Elsie, who had lived all her life in Bournemouth, but "didn't support that lot" she supported S*********n, and she would quite happily slag us off, encouraged by the presenter.

Among her "helpful suggestions" were how AFCB should give up, and then we could all go and support S*********n instead!

It improved when Alan Ball took over - he was usually very complimentary about us, and used to delight in slagging Rupert Lowe off!

It's better than the old 2CR .song interrupted . DUDU DUUUUU canned crowd noise "there's been a goal at ( insert pooty Northern teams ground)"

Remember it well Punky! Hope Elsie Silllyknickers is still around to see how she tempted fate with her suggestions. Alan Ball was always truthful and a great player - for me was the star of 66 and all that.

It is a Southampton based Radio Station , however I think they would be concerned if cherry fans boycotted the station on match days but that's never going to happen

;