Some clueless dick ...

What atmosphere was there before , ever ?
That brief 15 seconds the North stand kinda chant and clap after the announcer goes ‘round the ground’ then it goes quite !!
I like Sweet Caroline certainly it’s better than the above .

Dansouth - 17/3/2018 20:41

What atmosphere was there before , ever ?
That brief 15 seconds the North stand kinda chant and clap after the announcer goes ‘round the ground’ then it goes quite !!
I like Sweet Caroline certainly it’s better than the above .

How about they play it throughout the game as well then?

I wonder what percentage of our support would complain if there was no music of ANY kind at DC?

The majority either hate it or are ambivalent.

And a bunch of people sounded like they enjoyed singing along.

It’s a shame that lately some people seem to think that attending games makes people bigger fans than those who can’t.

What was the fanzine called? Not the 8502? I guess it is just a thing among the “real” core fans to be that way

Relax, there was the winky thing at the end! I'm glad it came over nice on the tele for you. Personally I think its a bit shi*.

ps. There's a hierarchy which includes singing/not singing, sitting/standing and leaving early. Its quite a complex thing working out who ranks where!

Singing along to that song doesn't create an atmosphere, it stops when the song stops. It creates a safe " crowd noise" for the TV audience. If we've got to have something chosen for us to sing along to, could we have the Ramones, you know the one, "Hey Ho, Let's go".

It won't be much longer and the FA will have an official walkout music partner, with a song chosen by them as "This season's fans walkout anthem, as sponsored by Amalgamated Durables. With the lyrics displayed on the Tyranno tv screens and a bouncing ball going over them. : )

The loud music played before games kills atmosphere. Crowds are increasingly Pavlovian. People wait for a cue or prompt. Spontaneity has gone. The homogenisation of atmosphere.

Come on you youngsters, stop being so obedient and compliant. It's a modern day curse.

RobTrent - 17/3/2018 17:32

Relax, there was the winky thing at the end! I'm glad it came over nice on the tele for you. Personally I think its a bit shi*.

ps. There's a hierarchy which includes singing/not singing, sitting/standing and leaving early. Its quite a complex thing working out who ranks where!
sorry heat of the moment thing. I respect your opinion as you are actually there. The effects mics always seem to be closer to the away fans so any noise from the home end is notable.

table - 18/3/2018 00:02

Singing along to that song doesn't create an atmosphere, it stops when the song stops. It creates a safe " crowd noise" for the TV audience. If we've got to have something chosen for us to sing along to, could we have the Ramones, you know the one, "Hey Ho, Let's go".

It won't be much longer and the FA will have an official walkout music partner, with a song chosen by them as "This season's fans walkout anthem, as sponsored by Amalgamated Durables. With the lyrics displayed on the Tyranno tv screens and a bouncing ball going over them. : )

All of this !

Some fans are knocking Sweet Caroline, which I enjoy, and it much easier on the ear than the dirge played just before and some of the Rap stuff we have had which has a limited audience,

You can't please all of the people etc but taken across the crowd songs such as Sweet Caroline are at least know by several generations.

hba1 - 18/3/2018 07:52

Some fans are knocking Sweet Caroline, which I enjoy, and it much easier on the ear than the dirge played just before and some of the Rap stuff we have had which has a limited audience,

You can't please all of the people etc but taken across the crowd songs such as Sweet Caroline are at least know by several generations.

and the lyrics are just so family friendly.

"Look at the night and it don't seem so lonely
We filled it up with only two
And when I hurt
Hurting runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when I'm holding you
One, touching one
Reaching out,"

A bit creepy if you ask me.

;