Songs that remind you of football.

The football season has finally started and I for one can't wait.

A trawl through Division One and Two for some decent bets and then Talksport all afternoon.

Perfect.

No I'm not going to see the friendly.

Anyway.
This might have been done before, but music that reminds you of AFCB football.

This has to be the most AFCB related track ever.

Radio Solent was the only connection to AFCB away from home, one reporter and a dodgy telephone line,

88 minutes gone and AFCB are hanging on to a nil nil in some Northern toilet town and as always, this bloody music is playing only to interrupted by:

"There's been a goal at Deepdale/Spotlands/Brunton Park........................................................" :(

And number two, which always makes the hair on the back of my stand up; a track from my youth that for me is everything the old South End sort of was.

(FFS, I've just played the Slade track and started crying.)

The haunting one is by I think The Adventures - Broken Land it used to be played at Dean Court after games the season we went down to League Two under Sean O’Driscoll…

Back in the 70’s it was the classics from Slade and Gary Glitter etc..glamrock under Bond senior

The haunting one is by I think The Adventures - Broken Land it used to be played at Dean Court after games the season we went down to League Two under Sean O’Driscoll…

Back in the 70’s it was the classics from Slade and Gary Glitter etc..glamrock under Bond senior

The football season has finally started and I for one can't wait.

A trawl through Division One and Two for some decent bets and then Talksport all afternoon.

Perfect.

No I'm not going to see the friendly.

Anyway.
This might have been done before, but music that reminds you of AFCB football.

This has to be the most AFCB related track ever.

Radio Solent was the only connection to AFCB away from home, one reporter and a dodgy telephone line,

88 minutes gone and AFCB are hanging on to a nil nil in some Northern toilet town and as always, this bloody music is playing only to interrupted by:

"There's been a goal at Deepdale/Spotlands/Brunton Park........................................................" :(

And number two, which always makes the hair on the back of my stand up; a track from my youth that for me is everything the old South End sort of was.

(FFS, I've just played the Slade track and started crying.)

Another one with a Solent connection:

I was 12 years old in April 1969, on board the Cherry Bees coach one spring evening to see us take on Swindon Town, and this record came on the radio. Something so haunting and atmospheric about this song, I looked out of the coach window at the Wiltshire fields all around and dreamt for a moment that I was in the wide open prairies of Kansas...

Time for action by secret affair was a traditional run-out song in the 80s. When I hear it, I think of John impey running out of the tunnel.

Hello hello I’m back again by glitter was a decent terrace tune to chant to. Obviously Paul gadd is scum but his music was a perfect fusion of rock, dance, punk and terrace chant.

Jingle bells at Christmas still reminds me of some random away wins at some dump of a ground back in the day

I was 12 years old in April 1969, on board the Cherry Bees coach one spring evening to see us take on Swindon Town, and this record came on the radio. Something so haunting and atmospheric about this song, I looked out of the coach window at the Wiltshire fields all around and dreamt for a moment that I was in the wide open prairies of Kansas...

Has it been renamed the Witchita Referees Assistant?

I have a similar memory. On the coach to Swansea, crossing Salisbury Plain and it started to snow. The radio on the Cosy Coach was tuned to Stewart Henry's Saturday morning show and he played this:

What would life have been like without Boscombe?

PS. We won 2-1 that day, Bill Kitchener getting the unlikely winner. Anyone else there that day?

Swansea programme.jpg

When I had a season ticket, four pints of Caffreys in the club then at about 2.50, walk up the old wooden stairs in the centre stand to get my cushion and take my seat. This was always playing, can't hear it without thinking about those days. :grinning:

;