Southampton Parking

DevizesRed

Star Player
We usually get the train but sadly are having to drive this year.

I'd appreciate any tips on where to park, preferably somewhere where you're not sat for hours in traffic after the game.

TIA

Driven a couple of times and parked once at the train station and then at the retail park by Ikea. By the time you get back to the car all the traffic is gone and it's a quick getaway.

Boat Show is on. Shuts at 6.30 so expect The Podium and NCP near West Quay to still be busy. The Mayflower has a show on as well so the car park at the back will also be busy.

You can try the multi storey at Ocean Village but then you have get down West Quay Road last the Boat Show otherwise it looks like the train station or the West Quay retail park up by Halfords.

We usually get the train but sadly are having to drive this year.

I'd appreciate any tips on where to park, preferably somewhere where you're not sat for hours in traffic after the game.

TIA

Try the multistorey by the Mayflower if you get there early enough. They have got a show on but it clears out quite quickly from there if you go back through town. The main snag will be walking that direction after beating them with a load of their 'finest' fans.

Just spoke to Wimborner and he advises:

There’s a boozer called the Old Boy, park around the back but make sure you are tooled up proper. The curtains will be drawn and the door locked. Knock on the side door, a hatch will open, say you are here to see Mick and hand over a fiver, you will get let in and handed a warm can of red stripe. Don’t ask if they do craft ales. You can get anything there, ket, blow, Charlie but keep your tools handy as Kenny often comes over the bar with a cut off pool cue. Your car will be safe there, they even raise it on bricks so you can check the exhaust. On the way out, mind the police horses, they are proper snides, not to be trusted, whisper ‘if you were any f***ing good you’d be at Kempton you future can of dog meat c***’ in their equine ears. Stay safe son.

Happy to pass this on his behalf.

Driven a couple of times and parked once at the train station and then at the retail park by Ikea. By the time you get back to the car all the traffic is gone and it's a quick getaway.
I always use train station car park which costs about £6 but quick getaway. Used Ikea when we played mid week a few years ago only to find it locked up when I got back, had to wait ages to get out along with about a few others

I always use train station car park which costs about £6 but quick getaway. Used Ikea when we played mid week a few years ago only to find it locked up when I got back, had to wait ages to get out along with about a few others

The carpark at Southampton Central station is a really good shout. There are loads of spaces on both sides.

;