Southampton verdict.

Rico was lucky not to get better contact with his girly slap or he could have gone.

Some very hairy moments giving it away but I think he often lacked teammate options so not always his fault.

A bit of fire in his belly was good to see though. Let's see how Kelly gets on midweek but I expect Rico to start our next PL match.

Rico was quite bad second half; but everyone was. Seriously, first half he was excellent. My first thought out of the game definitely wouldn’t be “Wow Rico was shite”.

Edited to say that Ake is the ideal man in general, and he certainly did not have a bad second half. Genuine 10/10.

Last edited:
Poor second half but defended well tbf ....limited Southampton to taking pot shots .....Rico had a decent first half but like most of the team struggled in the second half ....apart from Ake of course who just doesn't do bad halfs......magnificent player.
Like the Everton game a great result without being a particularly good performance.

How their pen and our non pen were different decisions I’ll never know. It’s almost like our non pen was “umpires call”

That's a fair assessment. If the ref had given it I don't think it would have been overturned.

The Cook one was clearer and may still have been overturned if not given.

;