Speculation about potential signings thread

Loyal2Bournemouth - 26/6/2017 14:51

Mark McAdam? @markmcadamtv 3m3 minutes ago
Sky Sources: #afcb in talks to sign Connor Mahoney from Blackburn. He is under 24 so would cost something although out of contract.

In all our euphoria, we mustn't forget Mahoney coming in as well. Feel sorry for him in a way as this period will always be known for the signing of Defoe, Ake and the other lad.

We had a scout watching the England-Germany under 21 semi final. I think the OHEC debunked the Lewis Baker rumour so who else were we likely to be watching ?

Lewis Holtby anyone ? Ez Spurs midfielder no at Hamburg, available for £5 million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-bournemouth-keen-sign-former-10714898?6754

Was the next big thing a few years back, but I think he'd want to stay in Germany. Didn't he grow up there and it just didn't happen in London for him

...like Lewis Holtby...but never really showed any consistency, not sure if we need anymore midfielders?

Holtby would be a superb signing, was a massive prospect a few years ago who slightly lost his way, but a quality technical player.

Although surely there has to be a limit on the number of attacking midfielders we have?!

northstandmark - 30/6/2017 14:32

Although surely there has to be a limit on the number of attacking midfielders we have?!

Do we actually have one ?

Yes we have players who can p[lay there but Fraser/Stanislas/Gradel are really wingers and Afobe is a striker.

Hyndman perhaps is an attacking midfielder but not seen enough to really judge and I would class all of our other midfielders as central or deep lying playmakers.

Holtby would probably be our only natural attacking midfielder.

The Alchemist - 30/6/2017 15:17

northstandmark - 30/6/2017 14:32

Do we actually have one ?

Yes we have players who can p[lay there but Fraser/Stanislas/Gradel are really wingers and Afobe is a striker.

Hyndman perhaps is an attacking midfielder but not seen enough to really judge and I would class all of our other midfielders as central or deep lying playmakers.

Holtby would probably be our only natural attacking midfielder.

Yeah that was my thinking too. To be honest I'm not sure attacking midfielders are really part of Eddie's philosophy. We tend to prefer deep strikers or inverted wingers. Its kind of why Wilshere (and Tomlin!) only had mixed success here as most of the play went round him rather than through him.

That said, Holtby would be an interesting option to have in our squad and £5m would be decent value too.

Yeah rather than an attacking midfielder we seem to have preferred a playmaking forward. Kermit and Chicken both did this very well, getting between the lines. Though at he minute that is something we seem to lack to a certain degree. A couple of years back I thought Ritchie would get into that role, but I think we'll see Fraser deployed centrally more and more often as the years pass

No offers for Holtby as yet. Sounds like he is readily available though if wanted.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/06/30/hamburg-keen-to-slim-squad-but-no-offer-from-newcastle-for-lewis-holtby/341768/

Not our signing but doesn't need it's own thread - we'll be meeting a former Cherries player in the Premier League next season as Huddersfield are set to sign Scott Malone from Fulham.

Premier League quality? Certainly not when we had him, but that was a long time ago.

Rob Dorsett? @RobDorsettSky 17 minutes ago
Told #wbafc are talking to #Bournemouth about poss transfer of def Marc Wilson. He was on loan at Hawthorns from Jan, and would cost £1m.

The Alchemist - 3/7/2017 15:13

Rob Dorsett? @RobDorsettSky 17 minutes ago
Told #wbafc are talking to #Bournemouth about poss transfer of def Marc Wilson. He was on loan at Hawthorns from Jan, and would cost £1m.

So the same as was reported in mid May?

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=492326

Thought this one had gone quiet - this might be why.......

ScottishFootballNews? @Scotfootball17 44 minutes ago
Blackburn Rovers midfielder Connor Mahoney having medical in Glasgow ahead of move to Celtic. #Celtic

To be honest if he'd rather swan about that tinpot league than challenge himself with us then maybe he's not the right player for us anyway

;