Stadium Design

Sandman2

Reserves
Have a look at this for something a bit unusual:

http://stadiumdb.com/designs/fra/stade_de_beaublanc

Not sure about all the white cladding, maybe something with a bit more red and black involved would improve it, but its got four separate stands while also keeping the 'bowl' structure. Not many stadiums seem to do this and I know from previous posts that our support seems split on the type of preferred stadium shape. Two for the price of one!

Interesting, but desperately needs more colour. It looks like a toilet seat. Still, it's the right size/capacity for us.

I like this if only because I hated how the home and away fans were segregated at Swansea. We could have the big screens in the corners and for games early and late in the season, outside refreshment areas outside in the corners as well. I understand about the red and black but unless u/v proofed, eventually the black goes grey and the red goes a dull pink, you only have to look at our seats. Mind you at least our rust on the cantilevers doesn't show up so badly on the 'pink'.

Price, design time and size are spot on... I actually like the design with the rook as it would give the opportunity to blend the ground into the park more... Appeasing those that live there and have appealed against it's design...

RE the insides, I think we'll see an initial setup like this with corners being filled, potentially, to give us the possible 5k wish more fans if needed...

Nothing really not to like about this design... Proves it can be done for a fraction of these ridiculous prices banded about by the likes of Spurs and WHU for their places...

Great when its painted red n black. Like it - love it. Now then, who are you going to get to build it, pay for it - where and when? Over to you!

Hmm, according to the French media the stadium is now due to open in June 2018, when still only half complete, four years behind schedule and with a cost over-run of €7 to €10 million. So perhaps not the best model to follow.

BillMcgarrycherry - 3/1/2018 16:49

Great when its painted red n black. Like it - love it. Now then, who are you going to get to build it, pay for it - where and when? Over to you!

I think it's 50/50 at the moment, only thing that makes me think it will happen because eddie would of walked if he thought he'd taken the club as far as he could!

BillMcgarrycherry - 3/1/2018 16:49

Would be great painted red n black.

However, more chance of eddiemitchel building his sandbanks stadium than us getting a new one I’d say.

The way Eddie is talking about what we can afford in the transfer market doesn't sound too promising for the off the field financial situation. Or may it suggests money is being earmarked for the ground. Or maybe Eddie is full of sh*t like he normally is regarding transfers and team news.

SlowDownDerek - 3/1/2018 22:28

The way Eddie is talking about what we can afford in the transfer market doesn't sound too promising for the off the field financial situation. Or may it suggests money is being earmarked for the ground. Or maybe Eddie is full of sh*t like he normally is regarding transfers and team news.

I really think this transfer window is going to be one that anyone with any sense will steer well clear of. £75 m for Van Dijk, how much for Ake £40m. Build the stadium, we and most others cannot afford the current market

I'd have thought the stadium planning would already have considered wage structures so that won't be too much of a shock.

And what red harry said.

I dont think there is a stadium design / consultation in progress in the UK that hasn't required outside Investment...

I get the 'we have multi millionaire owners' but if you were to dip into the accounts of Wintel Petrochemicals you may find some sobering reading.

That said my guess is the council would demand (as with spurs) that the funding is there before they kicked the athletics club out of the way and rehoused them.

However this really should all be in the public domain and it isn't.

It would be better if it was out there, but the club have only released info thats not currently under negotiation.

Weren't the Americans supposed to be the experts in stadia, one of the reasons they invested in the club?

The last thing we want is a soulless bowl. These have appeared across the country. St Fairies is one of these but worst has to be Stadium MK. We really want a ground which creates atmosphere as Dean Court does. Close to the pitch. Stokes although not really being all round the pitch is a blueprint.

Rather the same leg room than "extended" legroom and comfy seats which is what seems to be marketed a lot

;