Stadium Seating

Redpost

First Team
It's been six years, since we were first promoted to the Premier League. We lost our seats due to the Sky gantry being built and our row was then moved to the outlying block 21. Today we are back in the East Stand block 20 for next season. My thanks to the ticketing team who handled the move which was in itself an interesting experience! My question is though, does anyone know if there is a copy of of the stadium seating plan with seats, as opposed to just blocks? I'm only curious as there are nine blocks and I can't for the life of me work out where our old seats were. Daft I know, but I keep on looking at the photos which show where the teams' tech teams sit, and Solent broadcast from and I keep counting blocks and sometimes there seem to be ten!

It's been six years, since we were first promoted to the Premier League. We lost our seats due to the Sky gantry being built and our row was then moved to the outlying block 21. Today we are back in the East Stand block 20 for next season. My thanks to the ticketing team who handled the move which was in itself an interesting experience! My question is though, does anyone know if there is a copy of of the stadium seating plan with seats, as opposed to just blocks? I'm only curious as there are nine blocks and I can't for the life of me work out where our old seats were. Daft I know, but I keep on looking at the photos which show where the teams' tech teams sit, and Solent broadcast from and I keep counting blocks and sometimes there seem to be ten!
Go to the ticket order page for the Bristol City game and then the to the map of the ground and you can navigate your way around the seating without buying a ticket. I did it earlier to suss out my new home in the East stand!!

I've also moved in the NS; from row 100, about halfway down to two rows off the back.

Hoping the atmosphere is better as the singing round me gets poorer every season and I seem to be surrounded by seats that are on open sale. Never the same person twice and few of the buggers ever actually get involved with the game, they spend most of the time sitting on their hands or checking their phone.

I'm hoping things might be better up the back and long term the safe standing area might include me.

I've also moved in the NS; from row 100, about halfway down to two rows off the back.

Hoping the atmosphere is better as the singing round me gets poorer every season and I seem to be surrounded by seats that are on open sale. Never the same person twice and few of the buggers ever actually get involved with the game, they spend most of the time sitting on their hands or checking their phone.

I'm hoping things might be better up the back and long term the safe standing area might include me.
This made me laugh; block 21, East Stand, is next to the away support, which is quite fun in itself. We had quite few open sale ticket holders near us and, as you say, different faces every week. This in itself, I appreciate, as to buy paper tickets for the day is all but impossible. What I still can't fathom, is why they were always late. So, after five or ten minutes of the match beginning, they were still looking for their seats. Drove me nuts.

This made me laugh; block 21, East Stand, is next to the away support, which is quite fun in itself. We had quite few open sale ticket holders near us and, as you say, different faces every week. This in itself, I appreciate, as to buy paper tickets for the day is all but impossible. What I still can't fathom, is why they were always late. So, after five or ten minutes of the match beginning, they were still looking for their seats. Drove me nuts.
Being late is a common trait.
I had a friend who was flying to Australia, even thou he was staying at the airport hotel overnight he still managed to miss his flight.

Being late is a common trait.

You're telling me.

Especially amongst the young.

I've just done a 5 day refresher arboriculture course, with a City and Guilds certificate at the end of it. Without this you can't get insurance.

There were just two of us on the course; myself and a lad of about 20 who had decided to change careers and become a tree surgeon. Thus vital that he passes.

Brand new saw and kit, never used a saw in his life.
A pretty steep learning curve to say the least!

He was between half and hour and 90 minutes late every single day.

This meant me and the tutor shooting the breeze while we waited for him, not ideal as there was a fair bit of the practical side that I hadn't done for 40 odd years.

Final day, assessor turns up at nine, Chris shows up at 9.45.

Assessor not a happy bunny.

Now you would hope that he failed and the moral of this story is that you need to be on time to get anywhere.

He passed.

Last edited:
You're telling me.

Especially amongst the young.

I've just done a 5 day refresher arboriculture course, with a City and Guilds certificate at the end of it. Without this you can't get insurance.

There were just two of us on the course; myself and a lad of about 20 who had decided to change careers and become a tree surgeon. Thus vital that he passes.

Brand new saw and kit, never used a saw in his life.
A pretty steep learning curve to say the least!

He was between half and hour and 90 minutes late every single day.

This meant me and the tutor shooting the breeze while we waited for him, not ideal as there was a fair bit of the practical side that I hadn't done for 40 odd years.

Final day, assessor turns up at nine, Chris shows up at 9.45.

Assessor not a happy bunny.

Now you would hope that he failed and the moral of this story is that you need to be on time to get anywhere.

He passed.

I knew someone like that, had a good job in a bank, left to become a tree surgeon. Gave up being a branch manager to become a branch manager
: )

Off topic somewhat;
I remember a documentary about the gurkhas.
The UK recruitment team asked potential trainees to run to a tree and back again.
Most didn't pass that test,they would reach the tree ,then run off in all directions.
Explained that there is no left or right ,forward or back in Nepal,only up or down.

;