Started watching EPL in August 2015.....

Have to disagree again Brian. I've seen all three of those in the flesh over the years, and I would say that VVD is a very much better player than those two. Bobby Moore at his peak was a wonderful player, but one who got by on his ability to read the game to make up for his real lack of pace. VVD covers the ground like a sprinter to add to his armoury of talents.

Fair comment but did you see Best....he roasted every defender......maybe just a couple of times a season someone like Moore got the better of him...but rarely.
My main thing about those old players was they didn't go down easily when they did they got back up quickly most times.
I think the game has gone downhill on most aspects.
VAR has now f√cked it for good!

I saw Best a few times in the flesh, but one game of those that stands out was at the Dell in November 71 when Man Utd beat the Saints 5-2 and George scored a hat trick. On one occasion he slalomed through the whole home defence from the half way line and just failed to score. A few minutes later he repeated another sensational run almost identical to the previous one but this time the ball ended up in the net. He was absolutely brilliant in that game. The Best we saw at DC at the end of his career was a sad shadow of that player.

Been watching some of the old "The Big Match" editions on BT in recent days.
Didn't get into football until 1976/77, so it was interesting to watch the run of editions towards the end of the 1974/5 season
Lots of tashes, and long hair.. and not an alice band, scrunchie or man-bun in sight.

Good god, those pitches! I know they were bad until at least the 80s but the ones in '74/5 were the worst I've seen.
Even most of Highbury was an utter mudbath away from the wings.

The bogrolls cascading from the terraces behind the goal when a goal was, or nearly was scored. Remember getting hit by one at Dean Court once.

I saw Best a few times in the flesh, but one game of those that stands out was at the Dell in November 71 when Man Utd beat the Saints 5-2 and George scored a hat trick. On one occasion he slalomed through the whole home defence from the half way line and just failed to score. A few minutes later he repeated another sensational run almost identical to the previous one but this time the ball ended up in the net. He was absolutely brilliant in that game. The Best we saw at DC at the end of his career was a sad shadow of that player.

However, obese or drunk or both when Bestie may have been when he turned out for us, he still had amazing skill.

;