Starting back 4

Danny11

First Team
It may not make once jot of difference but these have been my thoughts since before lockdown. Play your best RB (Smith) at RB and play a LB at LB! Rico is not perfect, but he is solid - is actually a LB and is probably our best crosser of a ball. Stacey is a good player and has come on, but we need balance at the back before anything else.

The biggest issue with playing Smith at LB is that Stacey just ain't that good yet. I hope he becomes good, but he has a long way to go. Smith didn't have a good game today but he's put in so many good shifts on the right it's madness not to have him there.

I don’t think Stacey is a bad right back . My concern is him trying to shoehorn smith into the team whilst playing Stacey

To be fair, I would have played that back four, it is the other end we've got problems with him keep playing out of form players over and over again.

But right footed players on the left . So so obvious that both want to cut in
I think Smith at left back is better than Rico. Whether you could play Lloyd Kelly there and Smith at Right back? Stacey didn't look that good yesterday.

Jack Stacey has looked very good at right back against other opposition.

Palace are very strong down the left and it just highlights how good a job Simon Francis has done against them at right back in the past.

Let's not forget the collective back 4 over the season have conceded 49 goals which when taken with our former ability to try and out score teams now lost is one of the reasons we are in the bottom 3. Without Rambo we would be even worse off.

I think the focus on the back 4 is wrong, ok smithy shouldn't be left back but apart from that its good, the problem lays with our full backs being overloaded when wilson/king/fraser never tracked back which in turn pulls cook or ake out of position which opens up the space for other team, not alot of conceded goals are from poor defending from our back 4, same last night first goal was a very good free kick second goal l cook and wilson couldnt work out who to track the runner they both seemed to pass him off wgich freed up the cross, had one of them been on him then he wouldn't of had the time/space to pick out the pass

;