State of play so far.

Missed out on him.

SSN

Chelsea are expected to bid for Montpellier forward Elye Wahi, according to L'Equipe.

The 20-year-old scored 19 goals in 33 Ligue 1 games last season and is expected to leave this summer.

Eintracht Frankfurt are also interested in Wahi, whose Montpellier deal expires in two years.

The France U21 international has already rejected approaches from Bournemouth, Union Berlin and Lazio.

Foley has said that people will be surprised by some of the players we sign. The reality is that if we are competing for players of a higher class/with bigger reputations, those players are likely to bide their time before agreeing to sign for us and we may end up paying a premium.

We are not a big club and are one of the favourites to be relegated. I think we’ll end up doing most business at the end of the window as other options for players are exhausted.

I just hope we target hungry players with something to prove, rather than ones who see us as beneath them but come for the money.

Isn't part of the new manager arriving, him needing to get to know his squad? It's not necessarily all about getting signings through the door. We saw with Eddie at Newcastle the galvanising effect a new manager can have on certain players. Might also be time again to start bringing some of the youngsters through as we did with Anthony and JZ. Kilkenny for example looks sharp in the training vids.

Not saying we don't need new signings but it's about getting the correct balance and it's still early days in terms of Iraola building the picture in his head. I expect him to be patient in bringing in the correct personnel.
We have limited funds so better to give the new manager the right tools. So a period of reflection isn’t a bad thing especially (1) we are going for quality adds so these types of players have more options and we might not be top of their list and (2) as there are not many signings happening at other clubs either.

Worth saying we have signed 2 players not 1 given the Traore deal and we have spent €30m already! Clear FFP is behind the vina loan rumours so how much more spend do people think?

2 quality adds at full back probably takes us to €60-70m so probably not expecting too many more signings now but some headroom in January when Iraola knows the team better?

Maybe the surprising aspect of the signings we will make, as mentioned by Bill, is the total lack of signings we will make ? :p
:throw:

Just kidding ! Not panicking yet, although the more prep time new players get with the rest of the squad and the manager the better, obviously !

It seems our new manager is happy to get on with the job with whoever he has in his squad, same at his old club.

Which in a way is refreshing, the old saying a bad workman blames his tools’.

We have limited funds so better to give the new manager the right tools. So a period of reflection isn’t a bad thing especially (1) we are going for quality adds so these types of players have more options and we might not be top of their list and (2) as there are not many signings happening at other clubs either.

Worth saying we have signed 2 players not 1 given the Traore deal and we have spent €30m already! Clear FFP is behind the vina loan rumours so how much more spend do people think?

2 quality adds at full back probably takes us to €60-70m so probably not expecting too many more signings now but some headroom in January when Iraola knows the team better?

We definitely need another defensive midfielder, probably 2, otherwise we look woefully short in that dept.

Maybe And-oh ( as the Good Lady has chosen to call him ) wants to see who can adapt to his style of play. He may not want to change a lot of the players or coaches, until he's seen who's most receptive to his ways. After this training camp he'll have a better idea of who can play the Andoh way. Then all the prospective transfer ducks will be in a row, for our crack shot recruitment team to pick off : )

Have faith, have patience : )

Well, I'm still really excited. It's always really interesting when a new manager gets to have a fresh look at a squad because you don't know who they are going to like and dislike.

I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to love Jaidon Anthony and possibly not fancy Phil Bill so much.

Well, I'm still really excited. It's always really interesting when a new manager gets to have a fresh look at a squad because you don't know who they are going to like and dislike.

I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to love Jaidon Anthony and possibly not fancy Phil Bill so much.

Billing's an interesting player isn't he. Needs the right person in charge I think, or could easily fall out of favour, more so than others.

Billing's an interesting player isn't he. Needs the right person in charge I think, or could easily fall out of favour, more so than others.

In my mind he's undroppable but as you say you can definitely see why some managers wouldn't fancy him. Traore is another interesting one. From what we've seen he seems more of a workhorse but perhaps doesn't seem to have the output of Billing.

Any one of our players could absolutely thrive in a new system though, which makes it exciting even if we don't make a load of new signings.

I know little of what Iraola will bring on a practical level to our squad. But all the fitness work and pressing etc doesn’t necessarily fit in with what we’ve seen of Billing. But the classy, one touch or two touch passing does. So he may have a role in the 10 as a link up player.

If he wants someone who is going to cover more ground however, we could see Solanke dropping deep in the same role as Howe used to see him.

In my mind he's undroppable but as you say you can definitely see why some managers wouldn't fancy him. Traore is another interesting one. From what we've seen he seems more of a workhorse but perhaps doesn't seem to have the output of Billing.

Any one of our players could absolutely thrive in a new system though, which makes it exciting even if we don't make a load of new signings.

From what I've seen, heard Traore is technical, creative, clever, flair etc but not overly quick. And pretty weak defensively. Inverted winger or number 10/attacking midfielder.

I know little of what Iraola will bring on a practical level to our squad. But all the fitness work and pressing etc doesn’t necessarily fit in with what we’ve seen of Billing. But the classy, one touch or two touch passing does. So he may have a role in the 10 as a link up player.

If he wants someone who is going to cover more ground however, we could see Solanke dropping deep in the same role as Howe used to see him.

Solanke another one, most manager's dream player in terms of workrate etc. but Iraola may agree with his critics that he's just not prolific enough. I'm not convinced about him as a 10 but you just never know how he will get on under a new system.

From what I've seen, heard Traore is technical, creative, clever, flair etc but not overly quick. And pretty weak defensively. Inverted winger or number 10/attacking midfielder.

Yeah I'm thinking of the number 10 slot. Billing, Traore, Solanke, Christie, etc. or perhaps one of the wingers. Anyone could turn out to be Iraola's key player in that position.

;