Steve Bruce resigns...

Kris Temple ?@kristemple 24m24 minutes ago

Bruce (more): #HCAFC boss Steve Bruce wasn't at training today, and senior players were apparently told that Bruce was leaving @HullCity

Moyes still heavy favourite, but Paddypower have tweeted they've seen money on Steve Bruce come in shortening it to 10/1. Moyes is 1/10, Dyche 16/1.

Might not be anything to do with Sunderland. Their proposed takeover has totally screwed with transfers and all takeover talks are off until September and current owners understandably don't want to splash out the cash.

I think it will all be to do with the lack of cash and transfer policy. He may of course still end up at Sunderland.

Be surprised if he goes back to Sunderland, but stranger things have happened.
Not a good start to the season for Hull or Sunderland, what a shame :hihi:

The Alchemist - 22/7/2016 14:52

Could he end up being Sam's number 2 with England ? Primed to take over when Sam gets sacked ? They are great friends.

If Dyche then went to Sunderland that would be a nice bit of chaos at clubs that may be struggling near the bottom.

Exactly what Gary Lineker said.

Steve Bruce is said to have parted company with Hull. Could he be Sam Allardyce's number 2? That would add real weight to England's cause.

billythekid - 22/7/2016 14:58

Steve Bruce is said to have parted company with Hull. Could he be Sam Allardyce's number 2? That would add real weight to England's cause.

They'd need to reinforce the dugouts that's for sure !

The Alchemist - 22/7/2016 15:01

Be an interesting double act, still favourite for Sunderland job.

When are they going to officially announce Sam Allardyce as England boss. Everybody else has except the FA, maybe they will catch up. :grin:

billythekid - 22/7/2016 15:05

The Alchemist - 22/7/2016 15:01

Be an interesting double act, still favourite for Sunderland job.

When are they going to officially announce Sam Allardyce as England boss. Everybody else has except the FA, maybe they will catch up. :grin:

Still just finalising compo I believe.

Foggy and Clegg are already on board as coaches.

Was this who they had in mind and NOT Eddie?

Sam Allardyce wants to make Paul Clement his head coach in his new England set-up.

Big Sam needs to create a new backroom staff and 44-year-old Clement would tick all the boxes as a young, up-and-coming English coach.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-manager-elect-sam-allardyce-8468144

I am enjoying this. Both Sunderland and hull city are among the favourites to go down before any of this. Both teams pre-season in tatters. It's all good news for us.

USCherry - 22/7/2016 15:37

I am enjoying this. Both Sunderland and hull city are among the favourites to go down before any of this. Both teams pre-season in tatters. It's all good news for us.

Plus all Burnley has done is lose Barton and gain some Icelandic journeyman if I'm not mistaken.

cockbeard - 22/7/2016 15:47

So they've strengthened then

(assuming this was directed at my comment) Haha I know he's a real cvnt but wasn't he one of their best players last year?

;