Steve Bruce

AlGard

UTC Legend
Sacked by WBA.
Surely that is his last job, or are there still mug sides out there still playing the manager merry-go-round?

Bruce tbf has been slightly unlucky with some of the nuggets and numpties he has had on his squads, many inherited from previous managers.
He had successes at Birmingham and Hull early in his Managerial career....but I think he has had difficulty in coping with the modern player mindsets at Villa, Newcastle and West Brom.

By all accounts a nice guy but a bit of a dinosaur tactically. All the reports out of Newcastle were that Eddie was an absolute revelation in terms of attention to detail, tactics, modern methods etc. when compared to Bruce.

I think Brian has a point that the modern player is not easily impressed by an ex pro and if they've played under the likes of a Pep, Klopp or even an Eddie or Potter, will see someone like Bruce as a bit too old school.

His interviews lately suggested he couldn't really say why things were going wrong and he blamed luck etc. That's not a good look when you're sat 22nd in the Championship with one of the most valuable squads in the division.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t surprise me to see him walk into somewhere else.

At the end of the day, with everything that was said whilst at Newcastle he still walked straight into West Brom after having some time off watching the cricket.

His more traditional ways might be seen as being a bit of a dinosaur to some…but I bet his more simplified way of doing things sees far less backroom staff and with it wages and contracts… I bet that’s attractive to a few CEO’s.

Sacked by WBA.
Surely that is his last job, or are there still mug sides out there still playing the manager merry-go-round?
I thought he was finished when he left Newcastle, so am now expecting him to resurface somewhere. He must be one of the country'd most successful managers in terms of compensation payouts.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him walk into somewhere else.

At the end of the day, with everything that was said whilst at Newcastle he still walked straight into West Brom after having some time off watching the cricket.

His more traditional ways might be seen as being a bit of a dinosaur to some…but I bet his more simplified way of doing things sees far less backroom staff and with it wages and contracts… I bet that’s attractive to a few CEO’s.

More simplified meaning not winning a game of football for almost a year.

You can be a dinosaur of a manager and actually win games. Bruce has been shocking for the last 2 years.

More simplified meaning not winning a game of football for almost a year.

You can be a dinosaur of a manager and actually win games. Bruce has been shocking for the last 2 years.

I wasn’t disputing that fact. He had been shocking for over a year before and still walked straight into a job.

;