Steve McClaren

Progboss

First Team
Reports in Newcastle say he has been seen crying as he left St James Park
Mike Ashley told him he was staying

I actually feel sorry for the bloke.

The whole place is a toxic mess from the very top to the very bottom.

The fans are also getting the manager and players they deserve.

Earlier in the year, somebody posted "I hope McClaren survives so he's still the manager when we play Newcastle again." You, sir, are a modern day Nostradamus.

No one deserves McLaren. He is hopeless. He has no ability to motivate and inspire. Maybe Ashley deserves him.

"There weren’t enough characters out there. The likes of Robbie Elliot, Daryl Janmaat, Jack Colback and Jonjo Shelvey – that’s what we need and players have to follow that.”

Great idea Steve - after being played off the park single out your four favourites and see what it does to the rest. Team spirit is a total mystery to you. Particularly when one is the thug Shelvey who spent the game kicking us or berating his "team mates". Mind you, having just spent £12m on him you probably feel you have to back him.

How on earth these characters keep on being employed is beyond me .After Derby last season he walks into a Premier job ...How ?

Between 0 and 75 minutes of the game, I counted 3 different formations from McClaren. Then in the end it just became a mush of players with no shape.

How can any side, never mind one low on confidence, possibly know what's doing under that kind of management?

His post-match comments sound like he's talking about someone else - totally passive, no sense of what *he*, the manager, could do to change things. Astonishing.

Shelvey was their only player who looked like he cared - but he's new, give it time.

wallmth - 5/3/2016 22:10

How on earth these characters keep on being employed is beyond me .After Derby last season he walks into a Premier job ...How ?

Yep....they can't claim they didn't know what they were buying into. Lost most of the last 10 if I can remember correctly.

The question should surely be ....why wouldn't you sack him with 9 games left to survive. The only thing against it would be paying him off but a trip down will cost you way more than.
A new manager brings with a clean sheet to start again with (not too many clean sheets at Toon land recently)
and if he is to keep them up can't be brought in with 6 /7 games to go....too late.
Bring in Moyes according to the papers.
I would go for Brendan Rogers.

Some of their fanbase seem to think they are in with a shout of Rafa Benitez going there.

Football can be strange at times but I can't see that happening.

Progboss - 5/3/2016 17:38

Reports in Newcastle say he has been seen crying as he left St James Park
Mike Ashley told him he was staying

Walking out yesterday past the players/officials entrance and there was a limo trying to get through to the entrance.

Some guy shouts "Taxi for Mr McClaren!" and brings the house down. :grin:

Andy Sixsmith
?@SixsmithTV
I've been told Steve McLaren was dismissed as manager of Newcastle Utd after meetings this afternoon. Pearson or Moyes being looked at.

;