Stewards?

fritter

UTC Legend
Chatting to one of the 'stewards' at the game Tuesday. He called it a security job not a stewarding one.

Interesting difference.

Talking of stewards, great video from the club of Fletch, Neto and Steve Cuss visiting John, a steward and fan for 55 years, in a nursing home. Lovely bloke, always done the aways with his grandson. No matter how good or poor we'd played, they were always upbeat about the next match : )

Chatting to one of the 'stewards' at the game Tuesday. He called it a security job not a stewarding one.

Interesting difference.
I think it’s an American take. At football matches over there, you have ushers and stadium security.

By coincidence I asked another steward why they walk up the steps each half. In the reply I was told I have x number of people to look after.

Most stewards, not all, I have come across over the years are complete and utter cluck-wits. I recall back in the late 90's when I went to Swindon on a scouting job. About 20 minutes to go I had collected enough info on what was required. So, I headed down to the con-course and asked this complete and utter balloon head if he would open the gate to let me out so that I could avoid the traffic etc. He replied that he could not open the gates until the end of the game. I muttered under my breath - Oh for clucks sake! He then retorted that if I used foul language he would eject me. I then stated Ah Rollocks! He then opened the gates and invited me to leave. I said thank you. That is what I wanted you to do in the first place!

What a bird brain!

Most stewards, not all, I have come across over the years are complete and utter cluck-wits. I recall back in the late 90's when I went to Swindon on a scouting job. About 20 minutes to go I had collected enough info on what was required. So, I headed down to the con-course and asked this complete and utter balloon head if he would open the gate to let me out so that I could avoid the traffic etc. He replied that he could not open the gates until the end of the game. I muttered under my breath - Oh for clucks sake! He then retorted that if I used foul language he would eject me. I then stated Ah Rollocks! He then opened the gates and invited me to leave. I said thank you. That is what I wanted you to do in the first place!

What a bird brain!
Why did you go to Swindon scouting? I thought all the scouts went to Brownsea Island.

Is the synchronised walking up the steps intentional?
Yes even timed. To show that they are available to help if say someone who isn’t feeling well, to catch any one having a smoke or vape and of course a sly drink. Plus it gives them a closer look in case of trouble say away fans in a home area.

Yes even timed. To show that they are available to help if say someone who isn’t feeling well, to catch any one having a smoke or vape and of course a sly drink. Plus it gives them a closer look in case of trouble say away fans in a home area.
Doesn’t work on the steps between blocks 1 & 2.

Maybe a few years down the line they’ll be an international competition for stewards.

Talking of stewards, great video from the club of Fletch, Neto and Steve Cuss visiting John, a steward and fan for 55 years, in a nursing home. Lovely bloke, always done the aways with his grandson. No matter how good or poor we'd played, they were always upbeat about the next match : )
Thanks for posting that, table. I was sure I had chatted to John even this season, so a surprise to know where he is. Good on the club to be involved. It's a pity we have so-called supporters on this forum, who are out of touch with important things and who spend time seeking attention (not posts, just boasts) unlike proper supporters like John who just got on with it.

What a bird brain!
You told that story in the echo’s comments once before.
Different ending though. You little fibber.

I recognise John and his Grtand son from away trips.

What a bird brain!
What a load of ******************************** you mean

;