Still Special

Fox27

First Team
About 24 years ago my nephews and nieces lost their Mum in a car crash and Letty, who some of the older ones on here will know, became disabled as a result of her injuries.

The club made her brother Nick mascot for the day, his favourite player being Vince Bertram. About four years ago their dad died suddenly.

Two years ago at Letty's wedding both Fletch and Eddie sent good luck videos.

Today that young lad got married and despite the changes at the club, we were all surprised to see Franno on the big screen sending the club's best wishes and a signed shirt.

This remains a special club and I cannot thank them enough. Good luck for the season, see you at Dean Court tomorrow and UTCIAD

Attachments

• IMG_3051.JPG
    IMG_3051.JPG
    960.4 KB · Views: 54
About 24 years ago my nephews and nieces lost their Mum in a car crash and Letty, who some of the older ones on here will know, became disabled as a result of her injuries.

The club made her brother Nick mascot for the day, his favourite player being Vince Bertram. About four years ago their dad died suddenly.

Two years ago at Letty's wedding both Fletch and Eddie sent good luck videos.

Today that young lad got married and despite the changes at the club, we were all surprised to see Franno on the big screen sending the club's best wishes and a signed shirt.

This remains a special club and I cannot thank them enough. Good luck for the season, see you at Dean Court tomorrow and UTCIAD
What a amazing club we follow. Many congratulations to the newlyweds and best wishes for a long and happy life together

Great story and shows there's still a heart beating somewhere in the club : )

Ps if you'd said Franno mentioned something about the club's plans for the new stadium, you'd have had a lot more responses : )

Oh and PPs, good luck to the happy couple and we wish them health and happiness for the future : )

Letty's story is one of the most wonderful and moving stories of AFCB. Her resilience to all that has happened to her, and her strength of character are an inspiration to everyone who has ever met her.
We all have our problems in life, and Letty's courage is an example to everyone, football supporter or not.

Letty's story is one of the most wonderful and moving stories of AFCB. Her resilience to all that has happened to her, and her strength of character are an inspiration to everyone who has ever met her.
We all have our problems in life, and Letty's courage is an example to everyone, football supporter or not.

Thanks Paul. She is still a top girl and sometimes we forget how Nick and Nat were also affected because their injuries weren't physical.

Until recently we all wore 27 on our back, it was Letty's squad number in our play off winning season. Just recently, my lad, also in the picture, was made captain of the Farnham Town U14 squad, when asked is for his squad number, it was #2, because that's what Franno wears. That was even before the video. So pleased now he did.

We hear a lot of negatives about our club as well as negatives in going’s on around the World in the news.

When there are positives you don’t hear so much about them.

Nice story.

It’s stories like this one that restore my faith that we are still a community club and doing the right things.

In most clubs the players and managers don't give a toss and the club management work hard to build a connection with the fans.

With us it's the other way around. Hats off to Eddie and the squad!

A great story. So pleased to hear that the club is still supporting you all in this way and to hear that your family are doing so well too after having to contend with so much.

;