Stokie's still loving us.

Should be called Fruitcake not Oatcake. It must be something in the air up there that addles their little brains, poor dears, should feel pity for them but I can't bring myself to do that.
:nerner:

I'm sure this is all internet driven and is the view of the few not the many. I've been to Stoke quite a few times and they really don't have a problem with us. I could even say the same about Watford!

Agree. Couple of times, I have parked in a housing estate nearby and walked to the ground. Had pleasant conversations to and from and in the chip shop afterwards - even though, on both occasions, we had won.

PS. Great opportunity coming up to remember and celebrate Mick Cunningham.

Last edited:
We done that play at Oakmead. It was certainly based on football rivalry.

Found this.

The story of teenager Harry Philton and his friend Zigger Zagger, who draws Harry into a band of rioting football fans, has as its timeless theme the poverty of choices faced by a young, working-class male. Terson continued his exploration of this subject the following year with his next National Youth Theatre play, The Apprentices (starring Barrie Rutter), in which exploited young men turn cruelly and violently on each other.

Possibly no writer has done more to democratise drama in Britain. Earlier in his career, as a young resident playwright at the Victoria theatre, Stoke-on-Trent, brought in by its director, Peter Cheeseman, Terson plunged into the theatre’s dedication to regionalism, supported by postwar civic investment. Faithful to Cheeseman’s commitment to local documentaries about his audiences’ working lives, Terson’s scripts included The 1861 Whitby Lifeboat Disaster (1970).

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2021/apr/15/peter-terson-obituary

I remember we chanted this on away trips in the 1960’s, Zigger Zagger, Zigger Zagger, Oi, Oi, Oi.

Another one was, Oggi, Oggi, Oggi……….

;