Supporters Coaches

sydneyreds

Plastic
Hey everyone,

Just had a question with regard to away coaches. I'm coming back home from Sydney for the first 2 months of the season, and was wondering if anyone could shed light on the process for booking a place on the supporters coaches?

I've seen the timing and prices for the coaches for the City away game, but no detail was given about how you actually book and pay for a place on the coach. I'd be grateful if someone could update me on the process!

Can't wait to get back and watch the boys, a long time coming for me having not been back for 7 years!

You can book the coach when you buy your ticket assuming you have points. Don't forget there is a vow of silence on the coach and no sneaking a crafty sarnie before mid day.

From what I know, you need to set up a supporter account, wait until tickets go to "nul points", purchase the ticket and then you get an offer to book a coach seat.

As you're an ex-pat, from what I've read on here, it might be worth emailing Liz Finney. I know she and the ticket office get some stick on here but I've always found they do the best they can. It's been poorly resourced and understaffed, ever since the Sellwell's days.

The "Coachies" are by and large a nice friendly group but remember a lot of them, especially the first 2 coaches, have been travelling to matches together for a good many years, they have their routines and friendship groups, it doesn't mean they "don't take kindly to strangers 'round here", they're not all from Purbeck County. The main thing is you all have something in common, love of the Cherries, so that's a great icebreaker : )

Good luck : )

Thanks for the advice, helps a lot.

Regarding tickets, I'm very fortunate that all my family still live in Bournemouth, and my grandparents still have some home points that I'm able to use. Some of you may know of my grandpa, Paul Frank, he used to run the Player Share Raffle when we weren't rolling in our millions! He knows Liz Finney well so we've contacted her too.

I'm also very fortunate that some old friends are helping me out with their away points so I should be fine for tickets. I'll have to sort the coach ticket out when it comes to my points drop. And I'm sure I'll love chatting with the 'old guard' on the coaches as believe me, it's very difficult to find Cherries obsessed people in Sydney outside my house!

Loved the Player Share Raffle, we've still got our fridge attached to our Jason Pearce fridge magnet. Went to Huddersfield on the coaches with lijaboc using tickets won on the P.S.R. : )

You're not going to take your grandpa's megaphone are you? One of the few things louder than my shirts : )

As fate would have it, I was wrong when I said I should be okay for tickets! Just saw that all tickets for Villa have been issued, and just a few days before my points drop.

I definitely won't be the only person on Vitals appealing for generosity or to be told if any spare tickets are floating around, but I'd be really grateful if anyone could let me know about them.

It'd be hugely disappointing to miss out on the game, so if anyone could help me out, if they're able to, it would honestly go a long way! Let's just hope this demand for tickets stays strong, even when our form isn't sensational.

;