Suspensions and Yellow cards.

Jim_AFCB

Fans' Favourite
One or two asking on Twitter/X about how close some of our players are to a suspension.

The amnesty for 5 yellows leading to a one game ban is after Game 19, (Fulham on Boxing Day).

After that, it's a 2 game ban for 10 yellows.

Current numbers of yellows for our players in PL:

Senesi 4
Zabarnyi 3
Neto 3
Philip 3
Kerkez 2

Everyone else 1 or less.

Yellow cards collected in the League Cup don't count, Kerkez has 2 in those games and Senesi has one..

Overall we've picked up 19 yellows and 1 red in our PL games this season. Not bad at all.

Last edited:
If Kelly’s back from injury when Senesi or Zabarnyi hit 5 we’ll be fine.
Zabarnyi has been rock-solid in the past few games, very well-timed challenges, so could pick up one or two if he stays aggressive but just misses the mark.

Seems like the yellows have been flying like ticker tape lately, so not bad overall.

Zabarnyi has been rock-solid in the past few games, very well-timed challenges, so could pick up one or two if he stays aggressive but just misses the mark.

Seems like the yellows have been flying like ticker tape lately, so not bad overall.
I think we have upped the physicality of our challenges recently - surprisingly passive in some games before this. Thus, we could see some escalation in yellows before Christmas given the volume of December games and possible tired challenges from fatigue* - especially if we get refs like the one vs Villa. Of course, lots of other teams will be in the same boat

* one for R&R there

I think we have upped the physicality of our challenges recently - surprisingly passive in some games before this. Thus, we could see some escalation in yellows before Christmas given the volume of December games and possible tired challenges from fatigue* - especially if we get refs like the one vs Villa. Of course, lots of other teams will be in the same boat

* one for R&R there
Yes I would imagine that other teams in the same boat. But in our case they are all defenders. Have other teams got, more or less, their whole defensive element, goalkeeper included, on a high number of yellow cards?

;