Tammy Abraham

Also have to cash in at peak value sadly. Else the model doesn’t work. Huge challenge that for Franno. 18 goal PL strikers are exceptionally hard to find.
I think any striker ....well almost any striker will score goals under Andoni.......Pretty confident that Unal would get 15+.....don't know why everyone is worried about replacing Dom....we already have.....we do need to add some goals from midfield however.

I think any striker ....well almost any striker will score goals under Andoni.......Pretty confident that Unal would get 15+.....don't know why everyone is worried about replacing Dom....we already have.....we do need to add some goals from midfield however.
Not sure about that as Unal doesn't have the same game as Dom. Of course, we could change our tactical approach a little which may help him. Worth a permanent signing though.

Completely agree. I think Ünal is the Solanke replacement, and was always planned to be. I don’t think some people realise how highly valued a striker Ünal is, he’s definitely another Adams calibre signing where we got him because of injury imo. If you look at his pedigree and goal return over the last few years, he’s a great player.

If you think that he’s come into a team with a very specific playstyle that many players have had to adapt to, I think he’s looked very tidy so far. I think he could easily get double figures starting regularly for us.

Not sure about that as Unal doesn't have the same game as Dom. Of course, we could change our tactical approach a little which may help him. Worth a permanent signing though.
I'm talking purely from a goals perspective......we haven't seen a lot of Unal but from what we have seen he seems to know how to stick the ball in the net if you give him a chance and Andoni's teams create chances.......it's no coincidence that Dom has scored three times as many goals this year than last.....he hasn't suddenly become a better player he's just getting more chances.
What we can’t replace is Dom's fitness record.....it's incredible.....we'll need another Unal.

I'm talking purely from a goals perspective......we haven't seen a lot of Unal but from what we have seen he seems to know how to stick the ball in the net if you give him a chance and Andoni's teams create chances.......it's no coincidence that Dom has scored three times as many goals this year than last.....he hasn't suddenly become a better player he's just getting more chances.
What we can’t replace is Dom's fitness record.....it's incredible.....we'll need another Unal.
Yes getting more chances but also because Iraoila told him at the start of the season he wanted his number nines to be in the box and not on the wing or dropping deep, which So why he is getting more chances.

I still don’t think Unal brings to the team the energy Dom does and the stretching of defences. Think we need someone else for that and Unal.

Linked by an Italian website, but probably just the Pinto connection.

Of course, if Solanke is sold then it does change the landscape significantly.

£90k/week salary at Roma (reportedly) plus Roma looking for a hefty fee makes him feel unrealistic to me even if we sell Dom for a lot. West Ham or somewhere like that seems more likely. Still, he's been injured so fits that part of the profile...

Linked by an Italian website, but probably just the Pinto connection.

Of course, if Solanke is sold then it does change the landscape significantly.

£90k/week salary at Roma (reportedly) plus Roma looking for a hefty fee makes him feel unrealistic to me even if we sell Dom for a lot. West Ham or somewhere like that seems more likely. Still, he's been injured so fits that part of the profile...
I'm not convinced that Solanke will go but that aside wasn't Callum Wilson on £100k in his last season with us?

Please no he looks lazy and slow!

Let’s look for energy and prowess…

We could end up with Velez from Spurs as part of a Dom deal which would at least scupper some of Liverpools 20 per cent share of the fee!

…or Jackson if Chelsea come calling?

Please no he looks lazy and slow!

Let’s look for energy and prowess…

We could end up with Velez from Spurs as part of a Dom deal which would at least scupper some of Liverpools 20 per cent share of the fee!

…or Jackson if Chelsea come calling?
He may look it when you've seen him play, but he's quicker than Dom and has close to his workrate. Dom is very average, pace wise, when it comes to most top level strikers (quicker than kabe though, but kanes technical game, finishing ability, off the ball, movement is workd class).

He's actually a better player imo. More composed, better finishing, strong in the air abd more aggressive/brave.

Very much an all arounder and seems ideal replacement for Dom tbh.

Very close to England squad. And likely woukd hsve been in preliminary squad, had he not torn his acl.

Wouldbt surprise me at all if he was on our radar. Not many people with his all round qualities, and realistic signing like him out there. Plus wealth of experience of engkish football.

Last edited:
He may look it when you've seen him play, but he's quicker than Dom and has close to his workrate. Dom is very average, pace wise, when it comes to most top level strikers (quicker than kabe though, but kanes technical game, finishing ability, off the ball, movement is workd class).

He's actually a better player imo. More composed, better finishing, strong in the air abd more aggressive/brave.

Very close to England squad. And likely woukd hsve been in preliminary squad, had he not torn his acl.

Wouldbt surprise me at all if he was on our radar. Not many people with his all round qualities, and realistic signing like him out there. Plus wealth of experience of engkish football.
I thought dom came out as one of the quickest this season, on some stat

Can't think of too many strikers in the PL that are quicker than Dom tbh..........Abrahams certainly isn't imo.

How much of this are you basing on football manager?

;