Team for Luton

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Travers
Smith Zabarnyi Mepham Dango
Semenyo Cook Christie Sini
Unal
Solanke

Time to drop players who haven’t been performing and give opportunities to those who have shown that they might be able to step up. Keeps the core of the team the same so shouldn’t suffer from too many changes.

I like the idea of Dango and Unal playing at the least because they can help defend against Lutons biggest weapon, set pieces, with their height.
Cook and Christie need to run Barkley into the ground.

I'd drop Solanke. We've just played the leagues two worst teams and he's scored zero goals. Obviously he missed the golden of golden chances yesterday but if he's playing with an injury then why are we playing him? If he's playing through the pain barrier then why play him? We have , from what I've seen so far, a good replacement in Unal who is now off the goal scoring mark. He's looked lively, can finish and is stronger in the air than Solanke. Give Solanke a rest, put some faith in the new guy and give him more than half an hour.
Drop Tav. So off form he needs a rest. It seems AI wants him to play himself back into form but at what cost? Again we have a suitable replacement in Sinisterra.
I didn't get the change of Kerkez for Outtarra. If he was whipped off for not performing then I think the guy infront of him was the fault for that. I'm not sure what standard Outtarra is but I'm not convinced it's PL standard , however, he is so unpredictable if we don't what he can do then the opposition have the same problem.
The overall issue for Wednesday is whilst it would be good to be in a position to rotate a few players we can't because of the poor depth we have in some areas, centre mid, centre half and full backs. I'm not convinced Billing has the capacity for the high press energetic style AI wants although he is arguably one of our best players in the squad. I expect a lineup the same as yesterday and a pretty gruelling battle against a well organised Luton side.

I didn't get the change of Kerkez for Outtarra.

He was close to being sent off. He’d been booked and had a close decision on a collision go his way, otherwise he’d probably got a second yellow there and then.

With Smith also booked having two full backs when Sheffield United were hitting the flanks on the counter, attempting to double up, it was too risky to continue in my view.

He was close to being sent off. He’d been booked and had a close decision on a collision go his way, otherwise he’d probably got a second yellow there and then.

With Smith also booked having two full backs when Sheffield United were hitting the flanks on the counter, attempting to double up, it was too risky to continue in my view.
Whatever the reason it made a hell of a difference.

.............................Travers........
Smith......Meps......Zab.........Dango
.............Cook........Christie
Semenyo........Scott........Sinistera
.....................Dom

Think this is what I’d go with. That or keep Kluivert in. I’d be tempted to drop Christie for Scott instead and keep Kluivert there, but he’s earned the right to still start I think after a few poor performances.

Think this is what I’d go with. That or keep Kluivert in. I’d be tempted to drop Christie for Scott instead and keep Kluivert there, but he’s earned the right to still start I think after a few poor performances.

From the above, I’d keep Neto in, but drop Christie and Solanke. Both need a rest. Christie plays on with dead leg, the flu, the man is a machine and we can’t play well unless he’s on his full game. Rest him and get him 100%.

Solanke was a slip and a VAR decision away from a brace on Saturday, but again this knee injury worries me, so rest him and give Unal a go whilst he’s on a high from his equaliser.

I'd drop Solanke. We've just played the leagues two worst teams and he's scored zero goals. Obviously he missed the golden of golden chances yesterday but if he's playing with an injury then why are we playing him? If he's playing through the pain barrier then why play him? We have , from what I've seen so far, a good replacement in Unal who is now off the goal scoring mark. He's looked lively, can finish and is stronger in the air than Solanke. Give Solanke a rest, put some faith in the new guy and give him more than half an hour.
Drop Tav. So off form he needs a rest. It seems AI wants him to play himself back into form but at what cost? Again we have a suitable replacement in Sinisterra.
I didn't get the change of Kerkez for Outtarra. If he was whipped off for not performing then I think the guy infront of him was the fault for that. I'm not sure what standard Outtarra is but I'm not convinced it's PL standard , however, he is so unpredictable if we don't what he can do then the opposition have the same problem.
The overall issue for Wednesday is whilst it would be good to be in a position to rotate a few players we can't because of the poor depth we have in some areas, centre mid, centre half and full backs. I'm not convinced Billing has the capacity for the high press energetic style AI wants although he is arguably one of our best players in the squad. I expect a lineup the same as yesterday and a pretty gruelling battle against a well organised Luton side.
You like bugging up players after one game. Sam Surridge being a prime example.

It seems mad that I and others would seriously contemplate swapping Kerkez (an actual full back) out for Dango, but here we are. His aerial ability, energy and ability to be a nuisance will be needed. Luton are a set piece threat and we’ve so many players looking tired.

Maybe even pair them up down that side.

I would bench Solanke and have him on second half. Unal has earned a start and we don’t want to break Dom completely, ahead of a little rest period coming.

You don’t get why we took off a left back who was on a booking and having a poor game for one who came on and got a goal and an assist? No, that was clearly an awful decision. What planet are you on?

You don’t get why we took off a left back who was on a booking and having a poor game for one who came on and got a goal and an assist? No, that was clearly an awful decision. What planet are you on?
You think AI knows his subs are going to score? I wish you were right there- it would make the rest of the season a bit easier to watch!

;