Ted shed

New Hospitality Offering Available

Beginning with our fixture against Arsenal, a new hospitality opportunity will be available to supporters purchasing match tickets online. Select South Stand seats will be offered at £139 and include your match ticket plus pre-game hospitality in the new King’s Plaza, a private space that will be one of two new marquees behind the South Stand in September.

Supporters will receive an all-inclusive beverage package offering a selection of beer, wine and spirits. Additionally, there will be select stadium food offerings starting at 12pm and concluding at 2.30pm, ahead of the 3pm kick-off against Arsenal.

I bet the exclusive seats won't be next to the drummer!

Additionally, there will be select stadium food offerings starting at 12pm and concluding at 2.30pm, ahead of the 3pm kick-off against Arsenal

Food offerings.

Someone else's car does not count as public transport.

Sorry, shoukd have removed 'public' from my transport comment ;)

As my original comment indicated (the one you replied to with the remark :D), the kind of person that spends 139 on a match ticket is highly unlikely to be using a bus as a form of transport in this area ;)... theyd more likely get a lift or taxi.

No doubt there'd pethaps be some, but it's a different kind of demographic this package would appeal to in general imo.

Last edited:
So Ted She’d season ticket holders can’t apply? Or can they have the seat price deduct if they do?

And the other tent will be beer and pork scratchings I guess.

Currently, to watch the entire season in the Ted Shed it's about £700 a season. Add a couple of pints and a pie and you're north of a grand.

Can easily see people who have had to drastically cut their football attendance for reasons other than finance jumping on this as well as it being a birthday present.

Also feels like more testing of the water in terms of demand for hospitality in a new stadium.

Although I'd say it's slightly misleading. Some people will buy this as it's the only way to get tickets who wouldn't otherwise be interested in hospitality.

Is there anyone else who is a bit baffled by this transformation from simply going to the football into an eating and drinking "experience" ?

If I was going to shell out £100+on a meal, I'd go to a proper restaurant and make an occasion of it, rather than disconsolately pick at some dreary corporate food "offering" in a tent.

Is there anyone else who is a bit baffled by this transformation from simply going to the football into an eating and drinking "experience" ?

If I was going to shell out £100+on a meal, I'd go to a proper restaurant and make an occasion of it, rather than disconsolately pick at some dreary corporate food "offering" in a tent.
A lot of people "make a day of it" in a lot of areas of entertainment although it's typically in the evenings.

Theatres do a similar dine-in thing and the last time I went to the cinema they did hipster burgers and beer.

In a lot of cases, you trade choice for convenience. You know for example you'll be able to finish your food and sit down with a drink in time for the show if you "eat in" whereas there's a good chance you'll be glancing at your watch and trying to flag down waiters along with another half dozen tables if you do elsewhere.

I've no idea about the club's "offering" but at £100 I can't help but feel @kirsikka has it right where a fair whack of that is just buying access to a game.

;