Terry and Begovich

From the silence that descended after all the talk of a move during the last transfer window, I got the distinct impression that Begovic joining AFCB in the Summer is a done deal.

re the keeper

what an incredibly healthy situation to have boruc and begovic fighting for the number one shirt and pushing each other to be at their very best

there were times when federici coming in for boruc felt like a weakening of the side so it'd be strengthening that department if we signed begovic, which we should be looking to do with every position on the pitch

yesyescherry - 16/5/2017 10:34

re the keeper

what an incredibly healthy situation to have boruc and begovic fighting for the number one shirt and pushing each other to be at their very best

there were times when federici coming in for boruc felt like a weakening of the side so it'd be strengthening that department if we signed begovic, which we should be looking to do with every position on the pitch

Absolutely this.

Who really knows how good Boruc can be with proper competition behind him ?

The need to improve in every position is always pertinent - that's why I find it a bit baffling when for example if we are linked with a winger, people say why do we want another one ?

The whole point is to create even more competition and to get the very best players we can at each position.

CherryBare - 16/5/2017 10:05

Topfarrier - 15/5/2017 22:24

It could be possible Chris Smalling might become available.....might be a better defensive option than Ake.
Blimey Smalling, you really think he'd come to us, no chance

Yeah that type of signing is still slightly beyond us but as a loan option i'd say we are quite an attractive proposition for any player.

Is it just me that thinks him (smalling) overrated?

plus coming from a 'big' club there'll be huge wages and transfer fees, just look at Chelsea spinning djilibodji within a year for squillions

I don't believe he is overrated Cockbeard...a very athletic right sided centre back who you would think would be a perfect partner for Cookie....and i don't believe he's anywhere near his peak yet.

no chance of either smalling or jones imo

wrong profile of player we can attract or who would want to join the club - more likely go to a stoke, palace or west brom

Worth pointing out that Terry is another right footed centre back who prefers to play on the left. So if we did sign him, either him or Cook would need to move across to the right.

Tinpot Club - 16/5/2017 12:20

Worth pointing out that Terry is another right footed centre back who prefers to play on the left. So if we did sign him, either him or Cook would need to move across to the right.

Unless Eddie is looking to go all Conte with a 3-4-3 (not as far fetched as you would think as it would suit Daniels and Smith).

To be honest I'd prefer Terry to play in a back 3 if we did sign him so yeah I agree 3-4-3 could be a really good plan B.

Something like this:

Begovic
Francis Cook Terry
Smith Arter Cook Daniels
Fraser King Pugh

The great thing with a 3-4-3 compared to a 3-5-2 is that we get to play our full backs and wingers, which as we know is where our attacks come from.

Seriously? People on this board are ok with that utter stain of a human being pulling on a bournemouth shirt?

It makes me shudder to think our club (which has had in recent years) had nothing but good standing in the press would be associated with a thuggish manbaby.

I trust Eddie Howe, won't happen.

On the evidence of last night's game,Terry is just too slow to play in a back 3. Lack of pace means he is always dropping too deep.
Incidentally,Ake was not too impressive either. Everything about him just does not convince me that he is a defender. Yet Eddie and Conte have seen him in training and neither have moved him forward.

..Ake is okay...but we will have to pay way over the odds for him, and hopefully we can seek better value elsewhere?

I do think that a more natural CB and a defensive holding midfielder is required as priority IMO..

...but then what do most of us know on here about players?

glenmorangie - 16/5/2017 16:02

On the evidence of last night's game,Terry is just too slow to play in a back 3. Lack of pace means he is always dropping too deep.
Incidentally,Ake was not too impressive either. Everything about him just does not convince me that he is a defender. Yet Eddie and Conte have seen him in training and neither have moved him forward.

Terry's form has been deteriorating gradually over the last few years.

Any striker with a bit of pace can turn and out run him with ease and he's made many a clanger from dropping too deep.

Starch - 16/5/2017 18:48

cockbeard - 16/5/2017 11:16

Is it just me that thinks him (smalling) overrated?

No, i think he is shocking

As soon as that Man Utd shirt is off his back all that holding, shoving and hacking is going be noticed by officials and he will be a liability.

Seems Smalling might well be available as suspected.......

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/874743401836670976/photo/1?

#wesignwhowewant

;