That Was Not a 3-0 Game

Rodmorg

First Team
Both goals should have been allowed; the ball hit the shoulder of Billing and Mike Dean waved off Adam Smith's handball. If the goal by Wilson had not been scored, there would not have been a penalty. Simple as.

Both events blew away the players' confidence, especially when Burnley scored their penalty. The performance that we had in the first half was brilliant, although Franno may have been a bit lucky.

We played well despite missing Ake and Lerma (and even Brooks) and credit to Eddie for sticking with 4-3-3 and Surman as a holding midfielder. We were just astronomically unlucky today.

For the meantime I'm staying positive that we can stay up, but VAR has ruined football.

Vafeckingaarrr is ruining the game for paying spectators. The obvious flaw in it is, it's the same bunch of incompetent bungling twats, twits and tits that run it, that it was brought in to assist because they were a bunch of incompetent bungling twats twits and tits in the first place : (

It's hard to put into words just how gutted I am by those decisions ( try reading the f word between each word)

Early hours of Thursday morning the Good Lady is ill. After consulting the doctor, medication issued, I manage to convince her she'll be alright to travel come Saturday. Thursday and Friday totally given over to getting prepared for a 3-30 alarm Saturday morning.
Up, on the magic minibus on time. I should mention here she's been to Burnley 3 times already and it's probably her least favourite match day experience. Add to that her dislike of Shaun Dyche and Burnley's approach to football, she only went because of her love of A.F..C.B.

All that ruined by var. Ironic, just as Mike Dean has become a decent ref, he gets a video assistant that ruins the match.

Overall, we weren't that bad until we equalised and went 2-0 down, in the same move. For me the match ended there as a contest and some of the love of the game
that makes you make stupid decisions died. What's the point of 600 mile round trip if you can't vent your feelings at someone because they're in a shed miles away : (
Ps at least writing this rant has taken up the time it takes to get outta Burnley : )

It's hard to put into words just how gutted I am by those decisions ( try reading the f word between each word)

Early hours of Thursday morning the Good Lady is ill. After consulting the doctor, medication issued, I manage to convince her she'll be alright to travel come Saturday. Thursday and Friday totally given over to getting prepared for a 3-30 alarm Saturday morning.
Up, on the magic minibus on time. I should mention here she's been to Burnley 3 times already and it's probably her least favourite match day experience. Add to that her dislike of Shaun Dyche and Burnley's approach to football, she only went because of her love of A.F..C.B.

All that ruined by var. Ironic, just as Mike Dean has become a decent ref, he gets a video assistant that ruins the match.

Overall, we weren't that bad until we equalised and went 2-0 down, in the same move. For me the match ended there as a contest and some of the love of the game
that makes you make stupid decisions died. What's the point of 600 mile round trip if you can't vent your feelings at someone because they're in a shed miles away : (
Ps at least writing this rant has taken up the time it takes to get outta Burnley : )
I feel your pain. Hope you have a good trip back.

Vafeckingaarrr is ruining the game for paying spectators. The obvious flaw in it is, it's the same bunch of incompetent bungling twats, twits and tits that run it, that it was brought in to assist because they were a bunch of incompetent bungling twats twits and tits in the first place : (

This. Sadly

Is it a bit windy in the back of your minibus, too? Good to meet you today. You're anger is my anger. DJ has just asked me to write a report on the game but I can't do it until I've calmed. There would be too many 'Fs'

It's no more windy than usual Audenshaw, given our high fibre diets. At least with a window missing we don't have any lingering bucolic aromas : )

;