The 9-club Mini League

Toronto John

Fans' Favourite
* dedicated to a subset of the Premier League thread.

How remarkable. Nine teams separated by 5 points. 11 weeks to play. Collectively, 106 appearances by the group of nine. And no less than 48 of those appearances are 6-pointers!! It cannot get much better than this.

The six-pointers are definitely worth examining.
* Palace plays everyone! It's a real quirk in the schedule.
* Leicester, Leeds and AFCB have 6 games within the group.
* Wolves and West Ham have 5.
* Forest, Everton and Saints have only 4 six-point games.

At the other end, games against the big 7 (including Newcastle):
* Palace have 2
* Leicester, Wolves and AFCB have 3
* Everyone else has 5.

I can't wait. Starts on Wednesday with Saints home to Brentford and Brighton home to Palace.
Only 1 six-pointer on the weekend - Wolves home to Leeds.

ROUND 38
28.05. 17:30
Arsenal
Wolves

Crystal Palace
Nottm Forest
-
-
Everton
Bournemouth
-
-
Leeds
Tottenham
-
-
Leicester
West Ham
-
-
Man Utd
Fulham
-
-
Southampton
Liverpool

Only team in bottom 9 to have played Man City and arsenal home and away. Still in with a shout after 5 of the last 6 games being against top 6 teams!

Also worth noting, the win over liverpool meant that we overtook Norwich and Watford’s points total from last season. Not bad for a team that was predicted by some to set a new points low record for the prem.

In the light of this great Win and performance we can consider DC 'fortress' again ? ( the crowd seemed back to its best atmosphere)....then it's not unreasonable to think we could take 4 or 6 points from the Chelsea and Manu fixtures and that would serve as an insurance in case we blow any of our 6 pointers.
We have a game in hand of both Everton and Wolves too..that is another bonus.
The fixture that bothers me most is Crystal Palace in London .. if they are still heavily in the mix at that point.
We need to get clear though before Everton at the finale !

I’m certain at least one of Palace, Forest and Wolves will be relegated. With a bit of luck and not avoiding more injuries I think we can just do it! Our home support is going to have to be the 12th man like they were on Saturday.

After yesterday's results, wins for BHA and Brentford this week, would make the table look quite favourable, bearing in mind our remaining fixtures and the crucial BHA home game in hand.

April is going to be mental.

Perhaps we should want Everton to keep winning ? So they are clear by the time they play us at the end of the season ? and have nothing to play for. Just a thought.

Unless it's right at the death of the season its near impossible to know what is a good or bad result.

Everton in theory shouldn't be part of the scrap but if they are I'd feel daft celebrating their success if we end up needing to beat them in May.

Perhaps we should want Everton to keep winning ? So they are clear by the time they play us at the end of the season ? and have nothing to play for. Just a thought.

That's the smart and brave alternative thinking I crave to see from the Forum !
I've missed that in my little computation chart where i've now got Wolves, Leeds and Southampton in the noose !
However Everton have some tough fixtures, a possible dodgy run in, but Dyche will have them primed right in every game.
They have only 3 Six - Pointers, before us, aways at Palace, Leicester and Wolves.

This dogfight rather undermines the argument that football in the Championship is more interesting.
That's an interesting point SR, and if you add the 11 or so teams still in with a chance (albeit slim for some of them) of getting promotion from the Championship with ten games to go, that gives 20 teams fighting tooth and nail for three places in the PL next season.

;