The AFCB v Luton quiz

kirsikka

UTC Legend
I'll be honest with you, it feels like a couple of these are brutal. I can only wish you luck. Then again, maybe you'll surprise me once more and breeze through most of them.

Again, no need to look anything up. Give it a shot, guesses are always welcome, and I'll provide the answers at 8pm UK time on Friday.

1. This AFCB youth team graduate scored three goals for Luton in a loan spell whilst still an AFCB player. Who is he?

2. The recent 4-3 was termed a classic, but it isn't the only high scoring match between these two clubs. How many times has the fixture between them seen at least six goals scored?

3. Which well regarded former AFCB winger at one stage in his career had a loan spell at Luton, making four appearances for them?

4. How many appearances did Harry Cornick make for the AFCB first team before eventually being sold to Luton?

5. In the first decade of this century, who was the player that parted AFCB on slightly spiky terms before later having two seasons at Luton?

6. Only counting appearances made since 1990, nobody has played over 100 times for both AFCB and Luton in that time. However, one player does have over 90 for each club. Who is he?

7. Down the years, how many points have the two clubs been deducted by the EFL in total?

8. This player made 16 appearances during a loan spell at Luton before his next move being a loan spell at AFCB where he made 21 appearances. Who is he?

9. AFCB and Luton famously have the smallest grounds in the all-glamour, all-star, (alright if we have to allow those two clubs in we will but we won't like it) Premier League. What has been the highest ever attendance in a match between the two clubs? Answers within 100 on either side will be counted as correct.

10. Currently the manager of Brentwood Town, this player was sold to a Premier League team by AFCB before later turning out for Luton. Who is he?

I was going to include a question about Mark Ovendale but instead will simply say RIP.

Harry Cornick came straight to mind for 1. until I saw him as the subject of question 4. I reckon it might have been Jayden Stockley - a better looking version of Sam Surridge.

4. I don't think he made any appearances for the first team did he?

5. People who left on slightly spiky terms in that decade I'm thinking Wiggins, Gowling and Feeney and I think Feeney played for Luton.

Warren Feeney that is.

For number 6, surely Steve Robinson made 100+ for both sides? He was in our top 10 for appearances at one point and was at Luton for years too.

1 - Jayden Stockley
2 - 9, I think, as sure I'd heard there were 8 previously
3 - Marc Pugh
4 - 1 FA Cup, 0 FL
5 - Warren Feeney
6 - Steve Robinson and Jack Stacey
7 - 67
8 - CCV
9 - 27,750 (pure guess)
10 - Keith Rowland

Last edited:
Ok, this is interesting. Steve Robinson is actually well over 100 appearances for both clubs but isn't appearing in the stats site I used to research for some reason. So you've got a chance to get 11 out of 10, there's still a name with between 90 and 100 appearances for both since 1990.

Ok, this is interesting. Steve Robinson is actually well over 100 appearances for both clubs but isn't appearing in the stats site I used to research for some reason. So you've got a chance to get 11 out of 10, there's still a name with between 90 and 100 appearances for both since 1990.

Jack Stacey?

Tick tock, tick tock goes the quiz clock.

Why are you working on a Friday when you could be slacking off and making guesses?

Now then. Apart from the attendance question, it seems like you got them all and a bonus point. And the attendance one wasn't really a fair one anyway. So 10/10. And there was me thinking it was too hard in places... seems like I need to be more devious.

Bourne Mouth, if those answers all came from your memory then all I can say is "Blimey". 9/10 all on your own.

1. This AFCB youth team graduate scored three goals for Luton in a loan spell whilst still an AFCB player. Who is he?

Jayden Stockley

2. The recent 4-3 was termed a classic, but it isn't the only high scoring match between these two clubs. How many times has the fixture between them seen at least six goals scored?

9 times, including the very first meeting.

01 Dec 1923 Luton Town 6-2 Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic
21 Jan 1928 Luton Town 3-3 Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic
02 Feb 1929 Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic 3-3 Luton Town
21 Sep 1929 Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic 5-1 Luton Town
23 Dec 1933 Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic 4-3 Luton Town
21 Oct 2003 AFC Bournemouth 6-3 Luton Town
22 Jan 2008 AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Luton Town
02 Dec 2008 Luton Town 3-3 AFC Bournemouth
13 Mar 2024 AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Luton Town

3. Which well regarded former AFCB winger at one stage in his career had a loan spell at Luton, making four appearances for them?

Marc Pugh

4. How many appearances did Harry Cornick make for the AFCB first team before eventually being sold to Luton?

5. In the first decade of this century, who was the player that parted AFCB on slightly spiky terms before later having two seasons at Luton?

Warren Feeney

6. Only counting appearances made since 1990, nobody has played over 100 times for both AFCB and Luton in that time. However, one player does have over 90 for each club. Who is he?

Jack Stacey. 95 for Luton and 97 for AFCB.

7. Down the years, how many points have the two clubs been deducted in total between them by the EFL?

8. This player made 16 appearances during a loan spell at Luton before his next move being a loan spell at AFCB where he made 21 appearances. Who is he?

Cameron Carter-Vickers

9. AFCB and Luton famously have the smallest grounds in the all-glamour, all-star, (alright if we have to allow those two clubs in we will but we won't like it) Premier League. What has been the highest ever attendance in a match between the two clubs) Answers within 100 either side will be deemed as correct.

18,065 in League Division Three on 07 October 1969.

10. Currently the manager of Brentwood Town, this player was sold to a Premier League team by AFCB before later turning out for Luton. Who is he?

Keith Rowland

;