The AFCB v Palace quiz

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Another quiz for you to get your teeth into. Answers Monday at 8pm UK time so no need to look anything up. Let's see if you can match or better the 9/10 from last time...

1. In how many different matches did central defender Scott Dann score against AFCB?

2. This goalkeeper made two appearances on loan at AFCB under Eddie Howe before later signing permanently for Palace but never playing a minute for them. Who is he?

3. Which are the only two decades in which we didn't play a single match against Palace since we first played them in 1925?

4. Which nomadic player started his career at Crystal Palace before, several moves later, joining AFCB where he was a key player for two seasons before resuming his travels?

5. This classy defender started his professional career at Palace before we signed him whereupon he played for us 173 times. Who is he?

6. Which current AFCB player made his full Premier League debut against Palace?

7. Name the left back AFCB signed on a permanent deal from Crystal Palace since 1990 who also played for the Palace first team.

8. This player made his debut on loan at AFCB before going on to make 356 appearances for Crystal Palance. Who is he?

9. Jefferson Lerma has played in seven Premier League matches between the clubs. What is his personal WDL record in those appearances?

10. He made 10 appearances for AFCB and 3 for Palace in the 1990s. Who is he?

Last edited:
Just under 25 hours to go but I've noticed an error and had to correct one of the questions.

Question seven originally asked for two left backs but... one of the answers I had was Rhoys Wiggins. He did start his career there, we did sign him on loan from them whilst he was there but then he signed permanently for Norwich, for whom he never played a league game, before coming to us permanently.

I had a moment of doubt as it was bothering me as somehow wrong and so double checked my research. Turns out my original research checking was tosh.

Sorry.

Question corrected and so we only need one left back named now.

Just under 25 hours to go but I've noticed an error and had to correct one of the questions.

Question seven originally asked for two left backs but... one of the answers I had was Rhoys Wiggins. He did start his career there, we did sign him on loan from them whilst he was there but then he signed permanently for Norwich, for whom he never played a league game, before coming to us permanently.

I had a moment of doubt as it was bothering me as somehow wrong and so double checked my research. Turns out my original research checking was tosh.

Sorry.

Question corrected and so we only need one left back named now.

Is the other left back Jamie Vincent?

Is 10 George Ndah?

So far some correct answers, some good efforts that aren't right.

Just over five hours to go... any more efforts or even good old guesses?

1. No idea
2. Federici?
3. Dunno
4. Chicken George (cue wild laughing)
5. Ian Cox
6. Adam Smith
7. Jamie Vincent?
8. Joel Ward?
9. Dunno
No. 10 might be Rio Ferdinand* (although I think he played in 10 x League and 1 x cup match for us)
*Corrected his surname.

Last edited:
For this one -
"2. This goalkeeper made two appearances on loan at AFCB under Eddie Howe before later signing permanently for Palace but never playing a minute for them. Who is he?"

I think Flahavan ended up at Palace after us, so that's my guess?

I reckon number 2 is the keeper we had on loan from West Ham. I remember him playing for us at Forest and think he got injured and that was that for his time at AFCB. Henderson?

One or two wild guesses-

1. I’ll say 3, no 4- he seemed to score every time we faced them!

6. Sinistera?

8. Joel Ward?

9. I’ll go W 2, D 2, L 3.

;