The AFCB v Palace quiz

#4 is bothering me, and it is more about the wording of the question. It's got me thinking he was a player in 86/87 promotion or 14/15 promotion I also think of journeymen being goalies as they get loaned out a lot, but I've got nothing.

#4 is bothering me, and it is more about the wording of the question. It's got me thinking he was a player in 86/87 promotion or 14/15 promotion I also think of journeymen being goalies as they get loaned out a lot, but I've got nothing.

Was thinking Steve Claridge or Jamie Cureton but neither really fits.

8/10, and that's with me making a last minute change to question ten to put in a really nasty one (the original question was around the Glenn Murray fee) because you did too well last time. Your collective knowledge is rather good!

Hat tip this time goes to SDD for dragging Henderson's name from nowhere.

Fancy another one for Luton?

1. In how many different matches did central defender Scott Dann score against AFCB?

4. Felt like 26 though.

2. This goalkeeper made two appearances on loan at AFCB under Eddie Howe before later signing permanently for Palace but never playing a minute for them. Who is he?

Stephen Henderson.

3. Which are the only two decades in which we didn't play a single match against Palace since we first played them in 1925?

1990s and 2000s.

4. Which nomadic player started his career at Crystal Palace before, several moves later, joining AFCB where he was a key player for two seasons before resuming his travels?

Lewis Grabban. I'm surprised no Championship club has picked him up on a free over the past twelve months. At that level, you'd think he'd still be a great squad option for a year or two.

5. This classy defender started his professional career at Palace before we signed him whereupon he played for us 173 times. Who is he?

Ian Cox. Very fond memories of watching him, always seemed like he should be playing at a higher level and deserved his move when it came.

6. Which current AFCB player made his full Premier League debut against Palace?

Illia Zabarnyi

7. Name the left back AFCB signed on permanent deal from Crystal Palace since 1990 who also played for the Palace first team.

Jamie Vincent. That sale... a tragic tale of what could have been...

8. This player made his debut on loan at AFCB before going on to make 356 appearances for Crystal Palance. Who is he?

Joel Ward

9. Jefferson Lerma has played in seven Premier League matches between the clubs. What is his personal WDL record in those appearances?

P7 W1 D0 L6. And that win was in his very first one.

10. He made 10 appearances for AFCB and 3 for Palace in the 1990s. Who is he?

Tony Scully

A word on Tony Scully, or rather his youth team. I had to check him on Wikipedia and notice he came to the English game from a team called Cherry Orchard. With that name, notice anything familiar about their kit?

1711998086285.png

Seems like they've had quite a few players pass through their ranks at one time or another, including one Mark Travers.

Not sure why Bill is out there buying other clubs when, with this one and AFC Uttara in Bangladesh, surely there are some natural choices he should be targeting first for his network?

8/10, and that's with me making a last minute change to question ten to put in a really nasty one (the original question was around the Glenn Murray fee) because you did too well last time. Your collective knowledge is rather good!

Hat tip this time goes to SDD for dragging Henderson's name from nowhere.

Fancy another one for Luton?

1. In how many different matches did central defender Scott Dann score against AFCB?

4. Felt like 26 though.

2. This goalkeeper made two appearances on loan at AFCB under Eddie Howe before later signing permanently for Palace but never playing a minute for them. Who is he?

Stephen Henderson.

3. Which are the only two decades in which we didn't play a single match against Palace since we first played them in 1925?

1990s and 2000s.

4. Which nomadic player started his career at Crystal Palace before, several moves later, joining AFCB where he was a key player for two seasons before resuming his travels?

Lewis Grabban. I'm surprised no Championship club has picked him up on a free over the past twelve months. At that level, you'd think he'd still be a great squad option for a year or two.

5. This classy defender started his professional career at Palace before we signed him whereupon he played for us 173 times. Who is he?

Ian Cox. Very fond memories of watching him, always seemed like he should be playing at a higher level and deserved his move when it came.

6. Which current AFCB player made his full Premier League debut against Palace?

Illia Zabarnyi

7. Name the left back AFCB signed on permanent deal from Crystal Palace since 1990 who also played for the Palace first team.

Jamie Vincent. That sale... a tragic tale of what could have been...

8. This player made his debut on loan at AFCB before going on to make 356 appearances for Crystal Palance. Who is he?

Joel Ward

9. Jefferson Lerma has played in seven Premier League matches between the clubs. What is his personal WDL record in those appearances?

P7 W1 D0 L6. And that win was in his very first one.

10. He made 10 appearances for AFCB and 3 for Palace in the 1990s. Who is he?

Tony Scully

Great quiz. Wracked my brains for number four but never even thought of Grabban. I thought it was Jo Kuffour at one point but he started at Arsenal not palace.

If my memory is right Stephen Henderson came on loan at the same sort of time as Jack Collison, who also suffered with injuries during that loan.

Thanks Kirsikka- good quiz. Pretty pleased with my 2/10! Agree with you about Scott Dann. Once he’d stopped playing I thought we had a chance

Great quiz that. All this time I was convinced Tony Scully joined us from QPR. I've also looked him up and I had no idea he played for Man City in 97/98. Then again a lot of players did, including half the Georgian national side.

I think Fraser was only on the bench.

Lallana. Defoe. Vokes. Surridge. Grabban. Murray. Marc Wilson. Ings. Ramsdale.

I think Fraser was only on the bench.

Lallana. Defoe. Vokes. Surridge. Grabban. Murray. Marc Wilson. Ings. Ramsdale.

Fraser started the first game against us last season.

Don't think Marc Wilson played against us in the PL and Callum has managed to miss all four PL meetings but did play in the cup last season. So I think only harry of the Wilsons has actually played against us in the PL.

Not sure if he qualifies but we did have that Joe Bennett on loan from Villa but he never played for us - but did play for Cardiff against us in the PL.

;