The art of shithousery

Exile Cherry

Trialist
Who's the best shithouse of the present squad and who would you pick from the past.
For me Adam Smith hands down and from the past probs Tony Pulis. Love a player trained in the art, only for us of course, the rest can farque off.

Who's the best shithouse of the present squad and who would you pick from the past.
For me Adam Smith hands down and from the past probs Tony Pulis. Love a player trained in the art, only for us of course, the rest can farque off.
Lerma wasn’t bad.

I remember one of the covid championship games when we hanging to a 1-0 lead in the last minutes and Jeff meanders to the corner flag and, after light contact with a defender, does a forward roll to win the free kick. So funny.

Lerma was a master at it. That Watford game in the Covid season where he started a 21-man brawl in injury time as we were holding onto a lead, and somehow got away with it. Think that also started the whole Local Man Is Pleased/Promoted saga.

I'll also add Marvin Bartley into the mix. Always liked to leave a boot in and start something when the ref's back was turned.

Number 8 Number 8 Harryy Arter

Without doubt.

Cook is quite sly with 'imposing' himself.

Smith without doubt in current crop. Jack Russell like... streetwise. plus likes acting like a litte girl/victim, to gain favour from officials.

Kerkez also has natural aggression/bravery. Not afraid of making himself known. His dad's a hard f***er with intersting background... can tell instantly he's not tge sort of person who'd take sh1t from anyone :D

Last edited:
Darren Anderton.
Never one to shy away from glancing around to see where the ref was looking, and then stepping out into the path on an onrushing midfielder to blatantly bodycheck them. And then when the plaintive cries of the felled player were heard and the ref looked over, Anderton was 5 yards away preparing to receive the ball.
I presume this tactic also meant he didn't have to run around too much, and allowed him more time to ping a 30-yard ball into the path of where a premier league winger would no doubt have been.

Darren Anderton.
Never one to shy away from glancing around to see where the ref was looking, and then stepping out into the path on an onrushing midfielder to blatantly bodycheck them. And then when the plaintive cries of the felled player were heard and the ref looked over, Anderton was 5 yards away preparing to receive the ball.
I presume this tactic also meant he didn't have to run around too much, and allowed him more time to ping a 30-yard ball into the path of where a premier league winger would no doubt have been.
Darren was a magical player, at l2 level you could see how classy he was and that winning half volley against Chester in his last game summed up how good he was

Darren was a magical player, at l2 level you could see how classy he was and that winning half volley against Chester in his last game summed up how good he was

Used to bump into him out in town a fair bit when he was playing for us. Good lad.

Strangely always seemed to be witha bloke who looked like a mid 50's version of Milan Mandaric, in places like Dusk till Dawn, slamming back drinks.

Was very a much a low key Le Tissier moment... that final game/goal. Class or 2 above Lg2, but obviously just wanted to play football, and his legs had gone. But quality was clearly another level beyond us.

Used to bump into him out in town a fair bit when he was playing for us. Good lad.

Strangely always seemed to be witha bloke who looked like a mid 50's version of Milan Mandaric, in places like Dusk till Dawn, slamming back drinks.
Yeah I think I saw him it out in town he did like few beers but his class overshadowed that. I used to see Brett in Bliss alot on the piss but he backed up his drinking with goals. But I aslo saw useless player like Addison on piss in town who did nothing

Yeah I think I saw him it out in town he did like few beers but his class overshadowed that. I used to see Brett in Bliss alot on the piss but he backed up his drinking with goals. But I aslo saw useless player like Addison on piss in town who did nothing

Yeah back in the day, used to see half a dozen or so of the players back in Klute, that weird sushi bar on floor below, or Elements/Cage vip area.

Anderton gets a pass for 'living it up' as clearly was at tail end of career and was a orchestra conductor from CM, pulling the strings, dictating play as was so good technically/intellgience wise. LEgs/engine clearly diminished and was playing for us as 'something to do' enjoyed playing, rather than average lower league player, with something to prove/career to carve out.

Yeah back in the day, used to see half a dozen or so of the players back in Klute, that weird sushi bar on floor below, or Elements/Cage vip area.

Anderton gets a pass for 'living it up' as clearly was at tail end of career and was a orchestra conductor from CM, pulling the strings, dictating play as was so good technically/intellgience wise. LEgs/engine clearly diminished and was playing for us as 'something to do' enjoyed playing, rather than average lower league player, with something to prove/career to carve out.
Brett used to get mangled on £1.50 mixers at Bliss and Toko back in day.
But he had a natural born talent for scoring goals. He was a proper striker imagine how better he would've been if he didn't go out on the piss, he'd be Henry

Was in the east stand queue a few games ago and there were two old blokes chatting. Seemed like a regular had brought a mate along who'd spotted the picture of Anderton and said he'd not realised he played for AFCB. The other bloke then went on about how shite he was, how he played like he thought he was too big for the club, didn't track back etc....

I mean I know it's all about opinions but that is just wrong. He was brilliant for us.

;