The Athletic Stadium Rating

Always find these things rather curious, for example, Amex 19th on atmosphere. Yet when you watch the England women there the atmosphere looks and sounds amazing on tv. It was still new and in the championship when I went so hadn’t established itself so wouldn’t be fair to judge it personally.

Location for us is poor, yet it’s close to train stations, within half an hour walk to a beach. Sure there’s not many pubs about within staggering distance but it offers a darn site more than some grounds we visit.

No, not initially :) . Things like this are so subjective from personal experience. DC as much as i love it would be 18th and Luton 19th but Luton is unique in its location so arguments to be made there. DC is in a great location and as already mentioned may lack drinking holes unless you want to stand under a tent or in the rain drinking but not many grounds that approach through a scenic environment. Most are built up or located on an industrial estate. For me Villa Park would be higher than Molineux. VP is a wonderful stadium. A proper football ground that can generate an incredible atmosphere. West Ham would be 20th. A stadium that wasn't designed for football. Yet Upton Park was fantastic. A scandalous move. The Etihad the same. Old Trafford is iconic although starting to fall apart. The Emirates is a bowl and whilst the Tottenham stadium may be state of the art but it has no soul. Not matter what the the stadium or who plays there it's your home and I'm looking forward to being at DC this afternoon, although the weather will make having a bevvy miserable

Last edited:
For some reason I always really enjoy Chelsea and Fulham,probablybas they are in nice areas,plenty of places to eat and drink and I've seen us win a lot at both grounds.
I also like Wolves and Villa as to me they resemble proper football grounds.
I don't like bowl type grounds or the newer type like Spurs and Arsenal.
Looking forward to Luton.

Always find these things rather curious, for example, Amex 19th on atmosphere. Yet when you watch the England women there the atmosphere looks and sounds amazing on tv. It was still new and in the championship when I went so hadn’t established itself so wouldn’t be fair to judge it personally.

Location for us is poor, yet it’s close to train stations, within half an hour walk to a beach. Sure there’s not many pubs about within staggering distance but it offers a darn site more than some grounds we visit.
I can confirm the atmosphere at the AMEX was absolutely effin fantastic when we beat the weed 5-0.

Attachments

• callum at brighton.jpg
    callum at brighton.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Brighton scoreboard.JPG
    Brighton scoreboard.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 7
The author of that is on a different planet when it comes to experiences at the ground.

I'd agree that we deserve to be 19th but the rest is **************** about face.

United
Newcastle
Spurs

You can keep all 3

The author of that is on a different planet when it comes to experiences at the ground.

I'd agree that we deserve to be 19th but the rest is **************** about face.

United
Newcastle
Spurs

You can keep all 3
i love Newcastle, right up there at the top for me. (unless you are a vertigo suffering away fan !)

United
Newcastle
Spurs

You can keep all 3

I think the new Spurs stadium is, by a country mile, the best in the country. Old Trafford, on the other hand, although big, really is a crap stadium. I can only think that the author has eye issues or is a Manure fan.

Last edited:

;