The biggest cheats !!!

The Oatcake...when it comes to Humour, Stokies are The Tops...way ahead of Scousers, Geordies and Cockneys...
...that's not taking the p*ss...I actually believe they are !
I would challenge anyone to spend a couple of weeks in the place..and not have a ripping time ..the Potteries are the salt of the Earth !

Last edited:

This has been raised multiple times before about websites of several clubs, but worth mentioning again.

Where are these people when you walk with opposing fans to and from the ground? Why do you never meet them in a pub? How is it that they aren't around when you go to the chip shop near the stadium?

So, it begs the question, why behave like this online? The simple answers are that it furthers the "us and them" monologue, it's the echo chamber where all voices have to conform and it's the possibility to deliver insults using the perceived anonymity of the internet. But that doesn't provide the explanation to the questions: why do it at all? why bother?

I don't know the answers, but I have a suggestion as to what should we do in return: read, laugh and forget.

Oh, and in this particular case, stuff them on Tuesday night.

This has been raised multiple times before about websites of several clubs, but worth mentioning again.

Where are these people when you walk with opposing fans to and from the ground? Why do you never meet them in a pub? How is it that they aren't around when you go to the chip shop near the stadium?

So, it begs the question, why behave like this online? The simple answers are that it furthers the "us and them" monologue, it's the echo chamber where all voices have to conform and it's the possibility to deliver insults using the perceived anonymity of the internet. But that doesn't provide the explanation to the questions: why do it at all? why bother?

I don't know the answers, but I have a suggestion as to what should we do in return: read, laugh and forget.

Oh, and in this particular case, stuff them on Tuesday night.

Well, I'd say there were a fair few of the morons in the stadium, booing Callum Wilson for having the nerve to do his cruciate. "Some" of the most ignorant fans you could wish to come across.

And they did it in a recent match, booing the opposition player as he was scythed down and then carried off, maybe it comes out of the home supporters pockets whenever an ambulance is called to the ground, can see no logical reason for it.

I don't think you're being honest with yourself if you can't see how the way they view us as 'a bit cheaty' started. We were prone to quite a lot of histrionics, or gamesmanship, in previous seasons. Mixed with their label of being 'agricultural', you can see why 'the easily led' could build up a thing about it, which tends to stick in footy circles, rightly or wrongly. Its part of the panto fun. As for booing injured players, even I must admit to the odd cheer etc when I was young & even stupider. I'm going to just enjoy the 'cheaty' label for now.... and hope we get a dodgy pen or two

:utc:

is laughing at areas of social deprivation really that funny? takes all sorts I guess.

Agreed. Our conurbation has some of the biggest inequalities of any urban area in the UK - compare Sandbanks, Canford Cliffs, Branksome Park etc with our estates and some our “inner city” areas such as the Old Town and Boscombe East, where deprivation is at the highest level in the South. Those inequalities make things worse - we have both “The Yachts” and the “Yacht-Nots”. Why smirk at deprivation when it’s there on our doorstep?

Agreed. Our conurbation has some of the biggest inequalities of any urban area in the UK - compare Sandbanks, Canford Cliffs, Branksome Park etc with our estates and some our “inner city” areas such as the Old Town and Boscombe East, where deprivation is at the highest level in the South. Those inequalities make things worse - we have both “The Yachts” and the Yacht-Nots”. Why smirk at deprivation when it’s there on our doorstep?

I know who irritates me the most, thats for sure

;