The BO Team Selecta Competition 2022/23

Cherry_Bozzo

Fans' Favourite
Welcome to the 2022/23 third season of this, just for fun, competition – The BO Team Selecta. Can anyone beat "deancourt" who has won both of the previous seasons games.

Remember - One entry now can last the whole season!

The idea is to see how close you can get to the team that is selected each match – not necessarily the team you may want to see – although there is nothing stopping you playing on that basis if you wish.

All you need to do to enter is predict your squad of 20 split between the starting 11 for the match and 9 subs. Yes we are back to 5 from 9 subs this season instead of the 3 from 7 of 21/22.

In order to make this open to as many people to take part as possible, entries can be ongoing so it is not necessary to make a new entry for each match. So enter either - match by match (i.e. vs Aston Villa) or on an extended basis (i.e. use these selections until further notice). Therefore, players may participate in the whole competition without necessarily entering a new selection each round. Of course, this may limit any chance of winning overall given transfers, injuries and suspensions but it will give everyone who enters at least some extra interest this season.

Therefore, any selections entered will continue until that player enters a revised selection.

Points will be scored as follows: 1 point for each correct starter, 1 point for each correct squad member (including starters) and 1 extra point for each player who gets on the pitch (starters and subs).

This system gives 3 points for each starter whom you select, 2 for anyone else you select in your squad who makes an appearance, and 1 for each of the squad who stays on the bench. Hence rewarding the correct selection of starters.

So, 11 points available for starters, 20 points for squad members and 16 points for appearances – total 47 maximum. There are also bonus points - a bonus of 7 points for a correct starting 11 and 3 points for a correct squad of 20.

The starters and squad will be those at kick off – not those named before warm up, so any last minute changes are just unfortunate.

Entries have to be in an hour and 5 minutes before kick off (based on the Vitals system clock) – so 1:55pm (UK) for a 3:00pm game. I am hoping that the line ups are only being announced an hour before kick off as previously - if not, this rule will have to be revised.

If you wish to revise an entry – please do so using a separate post, rather than editing your first one as I may not otherwise pick it up. Also - edited posts do not show the time of the last edit after a few days and so if I am late posting up entries I may have to disallow an edited entry - so please separate posts for revisions.

So, are this seasons selections going to be Bravely Offensive and Boldly Optimistic or will they become BOring, Bloomin Obvious or BO stinkers! Let’s all hope that come the end of the season we are not thinking Bloody Outrageous, but Bournemouth Outstanding! (I fear the latter may just be wishful thinking this season)

Time to see who can best match the selections for the first match of the season. Your selections please when you are ready for:

Match 1 – Home v Aston Villa.

Predictions to be in an hour & 5 mins before kick off of the relevant game including any revisions to original entries. Revisions by separate post please.

Anyone can join in at any time and submit new selections as frequently, or rarely, as they like.

Good Luck All !

Last edited:
Villa:

Travers
Smith Hill Mepham Kelly Zemura
Lerma Cook
Christie Billing
Solanke

Subs: Dennis, Stacey, Bevan, Tavernier, Pearson, Anthony, Stanislas, Dembele, , Moore

Last edited:
Ok here goes

Travs

Smith
Mepham
Kelly
Zemura

Tavernier
Christie
Billing
Lerma
Cook

Solanke

Subs

Dennis
Stacey
Hill
Lowe
Moore
Anthony
Stanislas
Dembele
Pearson

Probs will want to change and that is definitely wrong, but didnt want to forget to at least get entry in

Villa:

Travers
Smith Hill Mepham Kelly Zemura
Lerma Cook
Christie Billing
Solanke

Subs: Dennis, Stacey, Bevan, Tavernier, Pearson, Anthony, Stanislas, Dembele, , Moore

Hi all

I know it is only the start of this competition but:

Please, please please, comply with my request in the section now in red text in the rules.

Edited entries make my life so much harder especially as I expect to be tighter for time to check things too closely in the next couple of months or so.

Thanks - and sorry to be a grump.

Hi all

Please, please please, comply with my request in the section now in red text in the rules.

Edited entries make my life so much harder especially as I expect to be tighter for time to check things too closely in the next couple of months or so.

Your ball, your rules

Villa

Travers, Smith, Zemura, Kelly, Mepham, Hill, Cook, Lerma, Christie, Billing, Solanke

subs: Dennis, Stacey, Tavernier, Pearson, Anthony, Stanislas, Dembele, Moore, Lowe

Hi all

Sorry. I made a mistake and double-Phil Billed, so had to change it after that. Will do it more carefully next time:)

Thanks for running

Travers, Smith, Kelly, Mepham, Zemura, Cook, Anthony, Christie, Lerma, Billing, Solanke

Subs
Dennis, Stacey, Hill, Stanislas, Pearson, Marcondes, Lowe, Moore, Dembele

Vs. Villa

Travers, Smith, Kelly, Mepham, Zemura, Cook, Anthony, Christie, Lerma, Billing, Solanke

Subs
Dennis, Stacey, Hill, Stanislas, Pearson, Marcondes, Lowe, Moore, Dembele

v Aston Villa

Travers, Smith, Mepham, Kelly, Zemura, Cook, Lerma, Billing, Anthony, Christie, Solanke

Subs
Dennis, Stacey, Hill, Bevan, Pearson, Stanislas, Tavernier, Moore, Dembele

Travers
Smith
Zemura
Mepham
Kelly
Lerma
Cook
Anthony
Christie
Billing
Solanke

Dennis
Hill
Stacey
Bevan
Tarvernier
Stanislas
Moore
Lowe
Marcondes.

V Villa

Travers
Smith
Mepham
Kelly
Zemura
Lerma
Cook
Christie
Billing
Solanke
Anthony

subs - Dennis, Hill, Stacey, Lowe, Dembele, Pearson, Moore, Tavernier, Stanislas

Villa
Travers, Smith, Kelly, Zemura, Mepham, Cook, Lerma, Anthony, Christie, Billing, Solanke

Subs
Dennis, Stacey, Hill, Stanislas, Marcondes, Lowe, Dembele, Pearson, Moore

v Villa
Travers, Smith Zemura, Mepham, Lerma, Kelly, Cook, Christie, Billing, Anthony, Solanke

Subs: Dennis, Hill, Stacey, Lowe, Dembele, Pearson, Moore, Tavernier, Stanislas

v Villa
Travers Anthony Smith Mepham Kelly Zemura Billing Lerma Cook Stanislas Solanke

Subs: Dennis Stacey Hill Tavernier Pearson Christie Lowe Moore Dembele

Travers
Smith
Kelly
Mepham
Zemura
Christie
Cook
Lerma