The Club's recommendation on face coverings

I try to listen to those who don't have a horse in the race.

I usually discount those who:
– have shares in pharma giants (Vallance)
– sit on the board of CEPI (Whitty)
– work for establishments who receive funding from our vaccine deity, Bill Gates (BBC, Guardian, Imperial College, Oxford Uni, WHO, Gavi, Johns Hopkins Uni, CDC, Moderna, NIH)

Those I would listen to:
– experts who don't have a vested interest
Quite the conspiracy theorist aren't you!?

Is your doctor part of this? My doctor? I need to know who we can trust! I'm off to watch GB News for 'the truth'!

Quite the conspiracy theorist aren't you!?

Is your doctor part of this? My doctor? I need to know who we can trust! I'm off to watch GB News for 'the truth'!
Funnily enough my Doctor advised me not to get the jab. Her words were "you don't need that, you're young (42) and healthy".

I don't really understand how thinking critically about news sources is conspiratorial to be honest. I just thought that would be default behaviour for anyone who is keen to know the truth. It helps with making informed decisions.

Also, conflating my beliefs with GB news is a bit lazy. Personally, I would never watch it. Looks like a load of trash to me.

You've been preaching about lizard people for longer than that!

I can sincerely say I've not mentioned them anywhere near as much as you have Rob and on the occasion I do it's symbolic of certain "people" acting inhumane, but as I said before how can you rule them out (aliens which they are) when we are a speck in an endless universe of space and mass. Half the people in this world believe in the holy scripture- it's a good story, but it's no more proven than aliens but all those people aren't labelled mad conspirators.

Could you please expand on that?
That was it really. We were talking about availability of appointments (or lack of) and I mentioned that they seem to have time to call/text me several times a week for the jab. She then replied with the above quote and that was it.

I expect there are a lot more Docs like her but would never dream of going public with their opinions for fear of the back lash.

She's a very well respected Doc in my area, with decades of experience and was responsible for sending me to a consultant who spotted my cancer (since recovered).

I try to listen to those who don't have a horse in the race.

I usually discount those who:
– have shares in pharma giants (Vallance)
– sit on the board of CEPI (Whitty)
– work for establishments who receive funding from our vaccine deity, Bill Gates (BBC, Guardian, Imperial College, Oxford Uni, WHO, Gavi, Johns Hopkins Uni, CDC, Moderna, NIH)

Those I would listen to:
– experts who don't have a vested interest

You can simplify that quite easily...

You discount those who:
-say what you don't want to hear

Those you would listen to:
-say what you do want to hear.

Funnily enough my Doctor advised me not to get the jab. Her words were "you don't need that, you're young (42) and healthy".

I don't really understand how thinking critically about news sources is conspiratorial to be honest. I just thought that would be default behaviour for anyone who is keen to know the truth. It helps with making informed decisions.

Also, conflating my beliefs with GB news is a bit lazy. Personally, I would never watch it. Looks like a load of trash to me.

How come your critical thinking doesn't extend to critiques of the crank that you're quoting? It's not difficult to dispel half the stuff the guy says so one would think you be all over it with your love of thinking critically.
https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/addressing-dr-daniel-stock-claims

I'm partial to a spot of critical thinking myself as it goes and I reckon you made up what your doctor said to you about the vaccine.

Ah, you got me. How did you work it out??

What happened to the rest of my post?

I must say, you managed to read that long article that completely deconstructs the ramblings of your school board ranter MD very quickly indeed. You must have a voracious appetite for critical thinking afterall.

What happened to the rest of my post?

I must say, you managed to read that long article that completely deconstructs the ramblings of your school board ranter MD very quickly indeed. You must have a voracious appetite for critical thinking afterall.
Written by a 'medical blogger' who in his words is 'not a Doctor'.
He did study biochemistry at Cornell University, so that must have been nice for him.

Dr Stock on the other hand did his undergraduate work at Notre Dame University where he received his B.S. in Biology, then went on to medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. Stock did his internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis and began actively practicing as a primary care physician in 1989. He has enjoyed a 33-year-career in medicine.

I would genuinely love to see Dr Stock and the medical blogger have a staged debate. I imagine it wouldn't be pretty.

Written by a 'medical blogger' who in his words is 'not a Doctor'.
He did study biochemistry at Cornell University, so that must have been nice for him.

Dr Stock on the other hand did his undergraduate work at Notre Dame University where he received his B.S. in Biology, then went on to medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. Stock did his internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis and began actively practicing as a primary care physician in 1989. He has enjoyed a 33-year-career in medicine.

I would genuinely love to see Dr Stock and the medical blogger have a staged debate. I imagine it wouldn't be pretty.

I thought you said he was an expert in Immunology? Surely you're not saying he's a primary care MD?

He'd win the staged debate against that blogger would he? You know much about him do you? Be honest, you've never heard of him before until he said something you liked had you? Is this your critical thinking coming out again?

I've no idea about any of them tbh. Mind you it's demonstrably obvious to even a layman like me that vaccines have reduced the severity of the disease contrary to what your man says.

I have a friend who attended a Long Covid clinic and they told her the vaccine did as much damage as Covid.

;