The Echo

horndean_exile

Star Player
For a long time I've been reading articles on the Cherries in the Echo with ADBlock running on my laptop. This was because of the terrible responses times waiting for Ads to refresh so the Blocker stops them. I received messages from the Echo to disable the Blocker which I could just "x" out of so lived with that.

Just recently the Echo have found a way of persistently sending me messages to disable my blocker which I cannot just "x" out of. Its got to a point that the site is unusable with ADBlocker on.

I wondered if anybody had figured how to clear the Echo messages without having to do a complete refresh which only lasts seconds before anew message pops up?

I got fed up aswel, you can disable the blocker, then refresh the page and quickly turn it on again, although that is a pain.
So i use this browser for the echo and a few other sites, https://brave.com/ it blocks everything and works flawlessly, good for android too.

I'd imagine it's loaded after the page content. So if you're trigger sharp with the stop button on your browser you could allow the content to load but stop the overlay that stops you reading the content.

its the inane comments that I would generally like to block although to be fair I dont bother with them anymore

SteveJonesLegend - 27/7/2017 20:51

AlGard - 27/7/2017 17:33

You can set adblocker to allow ads on that site.

This... Just disable Adblocker for the echo site... Tbh, having done this, I don't actually notice any ads...

TBH, I don't notice any reporting.

tucktoncherry - 27/7/2017 17:31

I got fed up aswel, you can disable the blocker, then refresh the page and quickly turn it on again, although that is a pain.
So i use this browser for the echo and a few other sites, https://brave.com/ it blocks everything and works flawlessly, good for android too.

Great recommendation thanks. Works a treat.

Alternatively rather than disable the adblocker you get get the source of the new advert and add it to yuor adblockers blacklist so it can't load the adblock warning either

Another Brave browser user here.
Although have noticed a few ads getting through recently when for the last 6 months I have been totally ad free - so it's obviously an ongoing battle.

On their website today they have this heading

Bad news for motorists: Major work on A31 and A338 'could clash'

As I use both roads I read the story, it turns out they are talking of 2019 and 2020, not imminent.

;