The joys of awaydays

Two scousers on the central bars coach I was on,at Southend away,around 1981,didn't watch the game,but went shoplifting.They came back with an ironing board and iron,amongst other things.

Two scousers on the central bars coach I was on,at Southend away,around 1981,didn't watch the game,but went shoplifting.They came back with an ironing board and iron,amongst other things.
Was that the one where they were pissing in bottles and then throwing them out of the openings in the coach roof at cars?

My first away trip…..

Hi David.
Gareth and I hired a coach, might of been 2 coaches (cosy coaches, remember them).

We left Bournemouth around 2am. When we got to Halifax the drivers decided that due to so called bad behaviour they would not take us back and left straight after dropping us off.

The local police followed them and tried to get them to come back, but they refused.

Around 20 spent the night at the cop shop, quite a few spent the night with local families that the police had contacted, others started hitch-hiking.

I had been going out with a Girl from Blackburn and had arranged to meet her at the game. So we caught a train to Blackburn and I stayed there the night.

I caught a train to London the next day.
Then the underground to Waterloo.
Met up with around 10 others who’d found their way to London one way or a another.

We went through several channels trying to get compensation but we never received any.

It was in the Sun newspaper on the Monday.

Just to add. Most of us were around 18/19 years old.
I rang my Dad and he paid for the train ticket at Bournemouth. He said there was around a dozen other Dads doing the same.

;