The Knives are out.

I have the capacity to enthrall both Boscombe and Poole Town followers...
I'm thinking of also getting onto Patrick Thistle and Dunfermline Forums too ... They were my Scots indulgences from back in the mid-eighties during a year and a half on the Naval base at Rosyth...I just loved the Football up there...the grounds...the pies..the beer...the haggis..the sassy tassy bures ... ...the raucous crowds !

I've more or less decided to stay on here for another season at least....especially if we don't stay up ...I will be needed !

I think you'd be spreading yourself a bit thinly there Brian. I'm sure that the Poole Town fans want your full and undivided attention - bet they can't wait for you to join them !

I think you'd be spreading yourself a bit thinly there Brian. I'm sure that the Poole Town fans want your full and undivided attention - bet they can't wait for you to join them !

I regularly communicate with Poole fans on FB.. A couple of old friends in Parkstone and a cousin in Hamworthy...they all enjoy my comments ...I've met up with two of them a few times too when Poole play down here at Truro...and cup games when they get drawn against clubs like Saltash .

Btw ..I've had a few 24 hour Woke - based bans on FB recently... I seem to upset a few ..in the 25-35 age group mainly, I think...I can see it being a more permanent one eventually...I'm not sure what the criteria is for that !

Last edited:
it's because you really believe you are the reason this forum is running, to be honest if you stopped posting people would only notice because they wouldn't have to decipher all the "look at me" posts

OK..that's your opinion....and it's about opinions mainly.....I'm not even going to get mildly ratty in response to that....
This thing existed long before I rocked up...and of course would happily run on without my input...I'm not daft enough to not realise that....
....but I do think that if myself and a few other characters were to leave now ...then the Forum might be of a less rich - flavoured gravy...if you can 'decipher' that.
If the Forum population swelled to say 10,000...not inconceivable if the overall fan base swelled to 25, 000 after a prolonged spell in the PL....then those members would have to deal with a considerable range of very diverse characters.....such as they get at West Ham and Liverpool for examples !

The need for tolerance is getting more intense by the day, week, year on this Planet....across all aspects of Life.

Last edited:
I have the capacity to enthrall both Boscombe and Poole Town followers...
I'm thinking of also getting onto Patrick Thistle and Dunfermline Forums too ... They were my Scots indulgences from back in the mid-eighties during a year and a half on the Naval base at Rosyth...I just loved the Football up there...the grounds...the pies..the beer...the haggis..the sassy tassy bures ... ...the raucous crowds !

I've more or less decided to stay on here for another season at least....especially if we don't stay up ...I will be needed !
So you're not leaving ?......it really has been a cr@p weekend....:cry:

So you're not leaving ?......it really has been a cr@p weekend....:cry:

Yeah crap weekend...if you let it be that ...
...we got two stunning goals....tortured their crowd for an hour.....without several of our best players.

Compare that to the great time Manu fans had at Anfield......or Dynamo Kiev fans listening to bombing in the background....

But next week could be a lot better if we beats Liverpool.....and I change my mind and depart this 'house of fun ' !....
....You wouldn't really be so gleeful at that would you TiK...?

I must stop teasing !

I was really not going to add any comment to the thread about yesterday’s result, but here I am afterall.

In industry, a business owner (not the Board of Directors) creates a company imbued with his/her own philosophy. It will be reflected in what gets done, how it gets done and how it interacts with its client base. Employees are hired in the expectation that they too will follow that philosophy in their work-related activities. Generally speaking, that business owner knows as much or more about the product and service they provide than anyone else, at least initially.
Sports clubs are a little different, especially at the elite level, today.
Owners of sports clubs tend to be business people who often have little knowledge of the game they own; I didn’t say that they are not as passionate, just that they are usually not the subject-matter expert, so they have to hire that expertise.

AFCB’s owner is such a business person and a highly successful one at that it appears.
I am sure that he would confess to being unqualified to coach or manage the team… that is an acquired skill afterall. Knowing that, he empowered his Operations team to hire someone who could manage the team, and they selected Gary O’Neil. It really doesn’t matter whether he was the best choice available at the time, he was hired. The Operations team had an advantage in this process though, they had seen him manage these same players and achieve some respectable results. They also witnessed his playing philosophy and clearly decided that it was the right one for then.

Personally, I disagree with his playing philosophy, but my opinion doesn’t matter at Dean Court.

All I am saying is that Mr. O’Neil has chosen a team (the employees) to deliver results within his playing philosophy. Currently he is living and dying with the result of that.

Many of you have expressed the opinion that the Premier League (or any elite league) is not the place to learn your job and I don’t disagree with you, but for the next two-or three months he is what we have. Will we make a managerial change in the summer, perhaps, and I am not convinced that it will be dictated by the division we are playing in, there is an argument either way.

When results don’t go our way, and I include losing games from a winning position, I am emotionally upset of course because I am a fan, but I accept those things over which I have no control. Mr. O’Neil is the manager of the team I’ve supported for more than sixty years, and whether I disagree with his philosophy or not I will back him as a member of that team.
Good post.I don’t understand your point about backing though. I think GON does get backed by the fans in the stadium. Certainly more than any other manager who has taken a team from mid table to bottom playing non possession football while conceding boat loads. He would have dogs abuse at other clubs. I only ever remember one tiny bout calling for his job, at Brentford, which was shouted down by the masses.

So he is backed in games. If by backing you mean not questionning his tactics on social media then that’s probably a request too far in the modern age and rightly so. He should feel support in a stadium but he isn’t beyond questioning away from that.

who has taken a team from mid table to bottom

Things like this only weaken your argument by looking desperate and disingeneous. The "mid table" team had 3 points and sat in 17th place, one point from the drop zone and two from the bottom.

The reality is that we have no yardstick to compare GON against.

EDIT: No issues with debating GON's tactics but repetitive rants about his alleged complete incompetence/cluelessness don't qualify as such. Not aimed entirely at you BTW.

Things like this only weaken your argument by looking desperate and disingeneous. The "mid table" team had 3 points and sat in 17th place, one point from the drop zone and two from the bottom.

EDIT: No issues with debating GON's tactics but repetitive rants about his alleged complete incompetence/cluelessness don't qualify as such. Not aimed entirely at you BTW.

Same old Neil, same old made-up bullshit to prove his point.

Good post.I don’t understand your point about backing though. I think GON does get backed by the fans in the stadium. Certainly more than any other manager who has taken a team from mid table to bottom playing non possession football while conceding boat loads. He would have dogs abuse at other clubs. I only ever remember one tiny bout calling for his job, at Brentford, which was shouted down by the masses.

So he is backed in games. If by backing you mean not questionning his tactics on social media then that’s probably a request too far in the modern age and rightly so. He should feel support in a stadium but he isn’t beyond questioning away from that.[/QUOTE

100% I never wanted him, and want him gone

In the stadium though, nothing but full support

Noticeable that there has been no Gary O Neil chant since I think Fulham away.

That's quite telling

When he was appointed permanently and then given a World Cup break to work his tactical magic we were mid table. Up until that point there was little change from Parker. To judge the team on four games of which three were Man C, Liv and Arsenal is a little false.

Same old Neil, same old made-up bullshit to prove his point.
See reply to Monmouth. Also… you also don’t think he was a great appointment and have been posted recently about how our board are clearly not good at management appointments. Unless you have changed your mind…

When he was appointed permanently and then given a World Cup break to work his tactical magic we were mid table. Up until that point there was little change from Parker. To judge the team on four games of which three were Man C, Liv and Arsenal is a little false.

If only we kept the manager that got us from 17th to mid table...

We lose by one goal against the league leaders...20 places above in the table....compare the failure of tactics by Ten Hag at Anfield where his team lost by 7 goals...against a team several places below and in relatively bad form.
Ten Hag rated ' Best in the World' last night by R5 Pundits...
Tactics are only a small part of it...leadership, attitudes, moods on the day, fear of losing..how good is the player actually is on a pitch , under orders as opposed to 'on paper'
Half of the managers across the leagues can't get their teams above halfway...regardless of tactics.
Consider if players are actually good enough to do any better....you can't rely on transfer cost...or recruitment scout notes.Jesus Christ.

Big Picture Observation is something sadly lacking on this Forum.....much thinking outside many boxes is required.

O'Neil surely knows enough about bloody tactics, being an ex-PL.player, than those on a Forum who ain't played at that level.

Last edited:

;