The Never Ending Jukebox Track Three

After last night's great night, I finished it with a hour of Steve Hackett, I'm late to these videos but I think they are are great..............

Thinking a bit about Canadian iconic band The Tragically Hip. Don't think I ever mentioned them on here, but they seem to be on a lot of playlists this week.

Classic story, were discovered as the bar band at a university east of Toronto. Great first album. Lots of songs with focus on Canadiana. This was their earliest release (1989).

This next one catalogues a very strange story in Canadian sports history. The song's lyrics describe the mysterious disappearance of Bill Barilko, who scored the Stanley Cup-clinching goal for the Leafs over Montreal Canadiens in the 1951 Cup finals. Four months later, Barilko departed on a fishing trip in a small, single-engine airplane. The plane disappeared, leaving no trace of Barilko.

Eleven years later, on June 7, 1962, helicopter pilot Ron Boyd discovered the plane wreckage. Barilko was finally buried in his home town of Timmins, the same year that the Maple Leafs won their next Stanley Cup.

Lead singer Gord Downie died in 2019 at age 53 after a battle with brain cancer.

;