The Official Eurovision Song Contest Thread (non)

And, fun fact - Boscombe Beach features as one of the intro 'postcards' this year!
Bad news - it was the postcard for Latvia's intro. They didn't make it out of the semi final.

Latvia were a massive fan favourite in the Eurovision community... Devastated to see them not through.

I would rather eat my own liver with a nice Chianti then watch this utter garbage. It was mildly amusing back in the day when we all laughed along ironically with Tel Wogan, but now it is lorded as some sort of “National event” lined up as a sickly sweet pudding after last weekends rancid main course.We will never win the damn thing anyway,us being the pariah of Europe.Evidence of this country’s relentless march toward infantilism,if evidence was needed

The number of people every year that feel the need to announce they aren't going to watch always strikes me as weird. Usually accompanied by some kind of disparaging remark to set their musical taste as somehow superior to that of others.

There are plenty other channels and forms of entertainment. You aren't being forced to watch like in A Clockwork Orange. Meanwhile, it's harmless fun watched by a lot of people.

The number of people every year that feel the need to announce they aren't going to watch always strikes me as weird. Usually accompanied by some kind of disparaging remark to set their musical taste as somehow superior to that of others.

There are plenty other channels and forms of entertainment. You aren't being forced to watch like in A Clockwork Orange. Meanwhile, it's harmless fun watched by a lot of people.

Much like that Coronation thread :ooops:

As expected - Sweden won the jury, (with Italy one point off 2nd) and Finland won the televote. Ultimately, unfortunately for me, Sweden won.

With the UK being a colossus of the music industry, how do they keep managing to do so badly over the years ?

I think because in the UK it's considered to be bad for your profile. You'd never have the artist with most radio plays in your country entering like Italy did. In fact I'd be amazed if prior to contest they'd even be in the top thousand.

I'm genuinely astounded with the disbelief in the UK media that the dogshite song we put out did about as well as it deserved to.

I think because in the UK it's considered to be bad for your profile. You'd never have the artist with most radio plays in your country entering like Italy did. In fact I'd be amazed if prior to contest they'd even be in the top thousand.

I'm genuinely astounded with the disbelief in the UK media that the dogshite song we put out did about as well as it deserved to.
Ahh well- at least she wrote a song.

Bugger! I’ve just given away the fact that I’m half interested :oops:

;