The players are angry.

...I would rather JW be very angry and remind them that no one will be on their backs IF we put the effort in and play with passion and commitment to achieve promotion via this pending lottery shoot out!...and FFS press home our talents!

It’s been mentioned that our players don’t seem to celebrate a goal as much as other teams.
It will show how things are at home against Brentford with a few fans in the ground and the importance of the game.
IF WE SCORE:rolleyes:

"Obviously finding out we’ve got Brentford now, so that’s going to be a tough two games to be able to go through to the final."

Finding out now?

Muppet.

Brentford were nailed on for third before ko on Saturday, the bloody players knew all along that they had a very good chance of getting Brentford unless they put in a shift.

And they didn't.

The players are angry?

Not half as fucking angry as the fans.

"Obviously finding out we’ve got Brentford now, so that’s going to be a tough two games to be able to go through to the final."

Finding out now?

Muppet.

Brentford were nailed on for third before ko on Saturday, the bloody players knew all along that they had a very good chance of getting Brentford unless they put in a shift.

And they didn't.

The players are angry?

Whilst I'm not defending the performance (we are all angry Lloyd) if Norwich had beaten Barnsley, then we would have had Swansea. So I can see some logic in JW's 'Finding out now' comment if he had just heard the Barnsley result.

At the end of the day, if we are good enough to get promoted we should be able to edge past any of the play off contenders. Maybe the players and management are confident that they can achieve this so aren't particularly bothered who we play and in what order.

IMO players were rusty and lacked "game sharpness" because apparently they now need 2 weeks' rest between games. And when we start badly, we generally lose.

One of the West Ham players was on the radio over weekend saying that the players prefer to play regularly (especially when winning) and that fitness doesn't become a concern. Said that players build momentum and good habits when playing weekly or even twice a week.

It was a real mistake (and arrogant) resting half the team against Wycombe. Get the job done and then bring the players off, or rest one or 2, but we really shot ourselves in the foot and are now grasping for form. It sounds a bit Captain Hindsight, but a number of us called it out when the line-up was announced.

We will need something to spark the players in to life in the first leg, hopefully not a Brentford goal....

IMO players were rusty and lacked "game sharpness" because apparently they now need 2 weeks' rest between games. And when we start badly, we generally lose.

One of the West Ham players was on the radio over weekend saying that the players prefer to play regularly (especially when winning) and that fitness doesn't become a concern. Said that players build momentum and good habits when playing weekly or even twice a week.

It was a real mistake (and arrogant) resting half the team against Wycombe. Get the job done and then bring the players off, or rest one or 2, but we really shot ourselves in the foot and are now grasping for form. It sounds a bit Captain Hindsight, but a number of us called it out when the line-up was announced.

We will need something to spark the players in to life in the first leg, hopefully not a Brentford goal....
Unfortunately our performances seem to be heavily dependent upon our confidence levels. This team needs confidence to perform.
The only chance I see for us is to get into an early lead in the first playoff game and that will hopefully give the players the confidence to build from there and then I think we'd have a decent chance. If we get off to a spluttering start and then go behind in the first game, I fear the players might never recover their best form and then the rest will be painful to watch.
But I'm keeping the faith and hoping to be pleasantly surprised for once in my life !

Disagree, the players had played 7 games in 22 days.
got to the playoffs, they needed a rest.
Having a run out vs Stoke would get them back fitness wise after a 2 week break.

Kellyboy !
The fact he mentions Brentford is a worry...it means he doesn't rate Barnsley or Swansea if we get to the final.
Sounds and feels like the Leadership problem will be our undoing.

Finding out now?

Muppet.

And they didn't.

The players are angry?

Great post. I really feel for the players, it must be very hard for them. When they inevitably fail to turn up in the play offs they will have to spend the entire Summer touting themselves out to try and get some other mug to give them a multi million pound contract. Very hard life they have.

;