The Pyramid

Our football pyramid is a wonderful thing. I went to watch Tier 9 football during our last international break and had a wonderful day. £11 for both me and my boy to get in. Free parking. Happy hour in their social club. The standard was actually quite good considering the level but what actually strikes home is the effort out into keeping these clubs alive , up and down the country, and the amount of volunteers who pitch in at every level. The attendance was only about 400 but it was great to enjoy football for what football used to be, if that makes sense. I'm looking forward to the next international break so I can drive up to Worcester and watch them again. Chicken balti Poe for £3, a pint of ale for £3.50 and a slice of homemade cake for £1.50.....glorious! Anyway, off to DC shortly where I won't spend a penny on their shite offerings so up yours big Jim !

Really! Just thinking about it, I keep looking on this forum, not sure why; when I were a lad and could get in at half time 4 free and the 9'oclock news had all the results at the end; look away now if you don't want to know the score. And now MOTD is on too late and I can't be bothered to watch on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - just supposing all matches were televised live to anyone's VR headset and you could be there even if there were no tickets - maybe they could refuse to televise unless all ground tickets were sold; even if the prawn sandwiches didn't turn up; Would I pay to watch AFCB no matter what? You know like in American Football your team is 0 and 10 lost every match - no relegation - but you get top pick of next years draft - I would vote for that :) Just a few more teams owned by Yanks and Amazon - it will happen! IMHO :)

Really! Just thinking about it, I keep looking on this forum, not sure why; when I were a lad and could get in at half time 4 free and the 9'oclock news had all the results at the end; look away now if you don't want to know the score. And now MOTD is on too late and I can't be bothered to watch on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - just supposing all matches were televised live to anyone's VR headset and you could be there even if there were no tickets - maybe they could refuse to televise unless all ground tickets were sold; even if the prawn sandwiches didn't turn up; Would I pay to watch AFCB no matter what? You know like in American Football your team is 0 and 10 lost every match - no relegation - but you get top pick of next years draft - I would vote for that :) Just a few more teams owned by Yanks and Amazon - it will happen! IMHO :)
Didn't you used to be on The Fast Show?

Non league football is brilliant. Step 5 (9th tier) has its own hav3 and have nots. One of my lad’s previous teams is paying an 18 yr old keeper about £500 a game and others in excess of that. Others in the same league don’t have a pot……..

There is a decent supplemental income to be made and many of the players were at/released from pro academies. Some are ex pros too.

Glad you liked my comment HT4Free .Do you mind if I do a bit of editing?
Really! Just thinking about it, I keep looking on this forum,- it's brilliant -not sure why; when I were a lad and could get in at half time 4 free - brilliant--and the 9'oclock news had all the results at the end; brilliant-look away now if you don't want to know the score. -brilliant. And now MOTD is on too late and I can't be bothered to watch on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - just supposing all matches were televised live to anyone's VR headset -brilliant- and you could be there even if there were no tickets - brilliant- maybe they could refuse to televise unless all ground tickets were sold; brilliant- even if the prawn sandwiches didn't turn up; Would I pay to watch AFCB no matter what? You know like in American Football your team is 0 and 10 lost every match - no relegation - brilliant- but you get top pick of next years draft - I would vote for that -brilliant - Just a few more teams owned by Yanks and Amazon - it will happen! IMHO - brilliant.
No offence intended :)

;