the referee handbook for Bournemouth games

Allen

First Team
You are allowed to punch Bournemouth players in the face (Anderson on Lerma)
You are allowed to stamp on them (Harry Kane)
You are allowed to play volleyball and score from it
You are allowed to foul Solanke and you will get a free kick for it
You are not allowed to give Bournemouth a penalty
You must only check VAR 10% of the time if a decision could go for Bournemouth and 100% of the time if it could go against them.

Shocking challenge to go unpunished and no VAR intervention.
I just don’t get why these type of situations don’t automatically go to VAR. Perhaps the referee was blindsided (giving him the benefit of the doubt) but where was the linesman?

with this evidence, are the club not entitled to make a complaint so that in future VAR should be used? If all clubs were allowed to make comments after games based on evidence such as this to a review board - highlighting referee errors - would surely be a positive thing

I’m sure had it been level or us winning by 1 with a couple minutes left spuds would have got a pen. The amount of pens top 6 and especially spuds and manure get is amazing late on

Bloody hell- I’m agreeing with every single post here for once !

Another thing though- this new rule about letting the game “flow“ only applies when a “big” team is in possession, if we recover the ball in a 50/50 (especially if Dom’s involved) the ref’s got to stop play. I mean, Neville, Carragher and their champagne schoolboy mates have to wax lyrical about Spurs and Liverpool, but must never stoop to comment on how we play football must they. Gits

;