The silence of the Board

mark pike

Star Player
Nothing from the owner ,the chairman, the board or the chief executive.Perhaps to be expected as no word throughout this season.
In my 68 years of supporting my team I can’t remember such a hopeless situation with so much at stake.
A team with a defence that can’t keep a clean sheet,a midfield that doesn’t score or create chances and an inept attack that goes for game after game without even a shot on target,what a bonus for the opposition’s keepers.
Add to that a disastrous expensive recruiting policy from Defoe to Solanke with no backup strikers to change things,at the pace we play Glenn Murray would have been an attribute ,slow but can hold the ball up,can head and shoot.
The grinning Wilson who has lost it and injury prone King are all we’ve got.
Lots of cover in all positions bar the vital top end of the field ones.So sad to see us drift out in this way.

There is a lot of frustration on this forum ,and rightly so.......but just remember ,I think we all knew it wouldn't last, but to see so many gutless performances this season is what really hurts.
If and when we go down, let's show a bit of fight and pride for the shirt.

There is a lot of frustration on this forum ,and rightly so.......but just remember ,I think we all knew it wouldn't last, but to see so many gutless performances this season is what really hurts.
If and when we go down, let's show a bit of fight and pride for the shirt.
This!!!! Someone show some fight!

I reckon we have had far more serious and hopeless situations with more at stake.

On the steps of the high court, bailiffs padlocking the stadium and in danger of dropping out of the league under Quinn to name but three.

Relegation from the first division, that many of us never, ever thought we could see is serious, but not a disaster. Those of us in it for the long haul have no fear of a Friday night at Stockport.

We all know what has gone wrong this season. Can Eddie and the team do enough to give us another chance next term or will we start one division down?

As for the board, what can they possibly do or say that could be made public between now and the 25th of July that could help the players and the management team?

Don't panic, Mainwaring!

Re communication, afcb are the only team in prem and champ not issuing either a printed or online programme for the games behind closed doors in the restart. Very odd.

Would do you want? A dreaded vote of confidence? We’ve been in this league 5 years, did anyone really expect us to stay up the first season let alone the next few?! The last 2 games have been terrible, we played well at Anfield before the lockdown and even went 1-0 up. I don’t know what exactly you’re hoping the board to say?

I remember the dire past situations,but then we had no money or hope,much different this time when we have failed to utilise the resources available to us.

I don’t necessarily disagree of Mark’s analysis of what is going wrong, but if the board stated similar in public, there’d have a mutiny on their hands and ruin any faint hope of survival

Nothing from the owner ,the chairman, the board or the chief executive.Perhaps to be expected as no word throughout this season.
In my 68 years of supporting my team I can’t remember such a hopeless situation with so much at stake.
A team with a defence that can’t keep a clean sheet,a midfield that doesn’t score or create chances and an inept attack that goes for game after game without even a shot on target,what a bonus for the opposition’s keepers.
Add to that a disastrous expensive recruiting policy from Defoe to Solanke with no backup strikers to change things,at the pace we play Glenn Murray would have been an attribute ,slow but can hold the ball up,can head and shoot.
The grinning Wilson who has lost it and injury prone King are all we’ve got.
Lots of cover in all positions bar the vital top end of the field ones.So sad to see us drift out in this way.

Not as long as you Mark, only 63 years, 50 years as a ST holder.

Communication between the club and the supporters has never been that good over all those years.

But on the credit side during the lockdown, they have been keeping in contact with the fans like myself who have been shielding.

Which was a nice touch.

Let's face it, if we are relegated, we have only batted above the bottom 2 divisions for 10 seasons in our 97 year league history.
I will still be delighted with anything above L1.
So how many more seasons required above div3 until we can say we've spent as many years higher than we have in div4?

Obviously we're most of a century behind how many years we've spent in the third tier!

So how many more seasons required above div3 until we can say we've spent as many years higher than we have in div4?

Obviously we're most of a century behind how many years we've spent in the third tier!

Perhaps a return to the bottom division will aid social distancing at Dean Court.

;